Neato XV-12 All Floor Robotic Vac

Also wanted to add to what others mentioned, I was amazed how much stuff Neato picks up. It’s not a true deep-digging vacuum cleaner, but it gets an amazing amount of crud. I had to run it for 4 days consecutively before it got to where I only had to empty it once during cleaning, it really gets stuff.

Plus it gets where I have never vacuumed once: Under my bed. I honestly feel like my bedroom smells better now, it’s less musty.

I can add that personally I like the fact that when Neato starts up in the morning it encourages me to tidy up a little and get random clutter off the floor so it can get it’s job done better. Then again, I work at home so I’m here while Neato is running.

It’s not very loud, half the volume of an upright vac.

But, it’s not perfect. I run it every day, and so far it vacuuming my entire house without a problem is the exception, not the rule. It gets stuck after sucking up a sock sometimes, or other times it just stops… and says that something is blocking it’s path, when absolutely nothing is in the way.

Also, it occasionally gets lost when trying to find it’s station for recharging. It will wander around bumping into things and finally start displaying “Something is in my way” etc.

So if I worked away from home I would be dubious about relying on Neato to get through a full cleaning cycle every day. It seems to get hung up pretty often.

[QUOTE=jseureau, post:9, topic:350463]
Not a replacement for regular vacuuming.
[/quote]

Since I never use my regular vacuum, I would say it is a replacement for a vacuum. :slight_smile:

I got mine a month or two ago, and I love it. Same price as now. GREAT product!

I also have a Roomba and to be honest it sucks at picking up dirt either on the carpet or tile floor. I had to replace the brush once in less than a year. And it never fails to not find the base to charge or gets an error message.

Please be honest. Will this pick up dirt from tile floor?

Glad I never got a roomba. Will give this a try. In for 1

How does this work on throw-rugs? My now-dead Roomba used to hump them in some weird sucking ritual.

When i first saw this I thought, Woot must have ran out of Roomba’s. Is this red headed step child of robotic vaccums?

Getting ready to move into a new apartment and would have to buy a Vac anyway. All I have now is a Shopvac. Hopefully this will work as a primary vacuum for me in a 650 sqft apartment.

[QUOTE=docb, post:86, topic:350463]
How does this work on throw-rugs? My now-dead Roomba used to hump them in some weird sucking ritual.
[/quote]
:meh:

This will be my second Neato!! I love my first one. Now I’ll have a vacuum fro each floor! They are worth the $$$$!!

I was ready to pull the trigger. Was at the checkout page…but I probably better wait…

I got one the last time they were on Woot. I had many doubts, but I am very happy with it. The Neato has run nearly every day since I got it, and I just don’t know where it’s finding the dirt now, but every day when I empty the bin it is about 1/4 full now. The first couple of runs filled up the bin completely.

This thing not only cleans better than I can, but it makes me think differently about what I leave on the floor and where I leave it. It helps me keep the house cleaner in that way. (Which, I have to say, is a minor miracle in itself.)

Received mine already…Wow Woot! Read the manual and gave it a test drive. So far so good. My floorplan is a little odd, so I’m not sure how it’ll handle it. I have a kitchen and living room that are connected via two doorways. I wonder if it’ll clean it as one room or two? More tests tomorrow…

Was a previous roomba owner…didn’t last…tracks fell off…bought this neato a couple months ago…so pleased with it I bought 3 more…one for each of my kids for their homes. I work from home and my wife doesn’t. She expects me to keep the house since im home more than she is. I keep the Neato in a closet and when she’s gone I turn it loose…I get compliments from the wife on how tidy i’ve become…she doesn’t know about the Neato and I ain’t telling her…:-).

[QUOTE=danieloneil01, post:84, topic:350463]
I also have a Roomba and to be honest it sucks at picking up dirt either on the carpet or tile floor. I had to replace the brush once in less than a year. And it never fails to not find the base to charge or gets an error message.

Please be honest. Will this pick up dirt from tile floor?
[/quote]

See my post from today…I think you would be pleased with a Neato…not good on corners and wall edges…but…I love mine for the way it keeps the rest of the rooms and high traffic areas clean.

[QUOTE=ThunderThighs, post:89, topic:350463]
:meh:
[/quote]

Neato does almost the same…but just pushes them around…I pick mine up…shake 'em out right on the floor…hang the rugs on the back of a chair and let Neato do its thing…put the rugs back after. It picks up everthing I shook out; love it!

[QUOTE=rdrutherford, post:96, topic:350463]
Neato does almost the same…but just pushes them around…I pick mine up…shake 'em out right on the floor…hang the rugs on the back of a chair and let Neato do its thing…put the rugs back after. It picks up everthing I shook out; love it!
[/quote]

Look at Roomba 560 ad…$249…3 yr warranty…runnin’ scared…they can’t compete with this Neato :-). Ya get whatcha pay for.

Ugh- right out of the box, and it does not work. On the plus side, customer support was excellent- tried a few maneuvers to no avail, and they are sending me a new one.

Same story. Customer service SEEMED too good to be true – answered phone on a Sunday and said they’d ship a new one – as soon as they had one to ship, which might be as much as two weeks to wait. It’s been a month, and we still have no replacement unit, and not a peep from the company.