Nelko Portable Bluetooth Label Maker

6 Likes

How does it recharge? USB?

2 Likes

USD$$$$$$

1 Like

3rd image mentions it charges via USB C

2 Likes

Yep. I have this. I’ve only used it once so far, but it’s pretty nifty. I haven’t looked into how much replacement labels are.

4 Likes

AND “charging adapter not included”. And label tape (thermal, black on white) is an unknown consumable. Opens a big door for your cash cow to get out… Have to load an app on your phone (can’t use PC). Pass…

4 Likes

Are the replacements proprietary? I.E. overpriced replacements

3 Likes

Does anyone know what kind of label tape this uses? Is it proprietary, or does it use refills for a common brand?

EDIT:
Ah, it looks like it probably uses these.

7 Likes

All very good points, I agree not having a universal standard for the refill paper makes me pass on these and similar models. If the brands made their own models, all around a certain standard model of refill tape, I might snag one.

There’s likely generics around with the label makers model number for sale, but with it being some random brand, I could see suppliers just ending support forcing you to buy the overpriced branded ones.

2 Likes

Mother ship selling the same label maker for $24 & with $6 coupons comes to $18. If you leave it in the cart for long you might as well get it for $15. Labels are $8.99 for 180 pack. Not sure how reliable the app would be to keep support this off brand maker.

2 Likes

Neat that google and amazon searching still works!

There are a bunch of different labels out there to fit the 15x30mm label type that this takes, and also a bunch of different label makers that do the same thing within similar price ranges.

2 Likes

My concern is the thermal printing I have run into seems to fade over a few years. Faster if exposed to warm conditions. Are these more stable?

1 Like

I wonder about this too. Considered getting one of these a while back but many reviews of different brands mentioned immediate uneven, faded printing.

They are pretty decent. I got one on Temu for about the same cost. Refills were under 5 bucks. I use it pretty often.

3 Likes

I’m addicted to Temu, lol

PSA: If you want to bundle with additional labels, you can get it for cheaper on Amazon.

Amazon price is $24 for labeler, then click on $6 coupon. Then there is a “Extra Savings” option for promotions, where you can bundle a three pack of pink/yellow/blue labels (180 labels per roll) for 50% off.

Final price is: $14.12 for the labeler, and $10.66 for the label rolls = ~$25.

Those labels won’t work for me - I don’t have a cat.

1 Like

One thing to note, it only works with a phone app and as on now it works on neither my pixel 6 nor my iPhone 14. The app crashes. Y’all can verify the app reviews on the app store from google and it’s ugly.

7 Likes

This label maker is so cute!
Thus far it works really well!
Making some cute festive labels for Halloween!
This will be great for the upcoming holidays to label gifts of food .
I love the handy size!
The thermal printing looks pretty sturdy to me, but I don’t really expect the labels to last long term for my use.

1 Like