Netgear Wireless-N Wi-Fi Range Extender

Yes, but you should know that router they provide for you, will also act as an Xfinity Hotspot for anyone else to backpack on your bandwidth. They say it’s a completely separate network, but I’m sure it won’t be long before someone figures out to cross from the public side, to the private…if it hasn’t already been done.

I’m keeping my old Comcast router without Hotspot connectivity, and if it dies, I will buy my own…

I had to reboot mine a couple of times a week as well.

Just got mine. Neither of the two setup methods actually work (WPS, or computer-connected). Using either method, the device isn’t responsive at all, although it does power up okay.

Dang, I was hoping for something that at least kinda worked.

Same here, no ability to set it up at all. It seems like the refurb wasn’t done on some of these. The WPS button doesn’t even function on mine; it simply never lights up. Mine will turn on but that’s it. You can’t connect to it at all much less connect it to the wifi network it’s supposed to be extending.

Sorry for the trouble, guys. If you haven’t yet, please try reaching out to Netgear; these have a 1yr warranty through them.

If you need additional assistance, please email support@woot.com with your order info and situation. CS can check into your account and review any available options.

I had a ton of trouble setting this device up. My Windows 7 laptop successfully connected to the device on its factory SSID, but the mywifiext.net URL did not work. Nor did the mywifiext.com URL. I scoured the Internet for an IP address and could not find any help. This finally did the trick:

“configure your computer to a static IP address (192.168.1.100), netmask is 255.255.255.0, and connect to http://192.168.1.250 to access WN2000RPT GUI”

from WN2000RPT FAQs | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Before the final step in the extender’s setup, it connects to your existing router and the Internet so don’t forget to set your IP settings back to DHCP before hitting that final button so it will work as expected!

I’m adding this comment while connected to the extender right now! Hooray!