Ordered a couple from the initial release which were great. However, this second batch, at least the first one is far from “new” and smelled strongly of food odors. Here’s a picture of the charger. They didn’t even bother to clean it ![]()
I’m very sorry. Please reach out to Woot! Customer Service. To speed things up, let them know if you prefer a return/refund or a replacement (if possible).
Please allow 24-48h for them to respond.
Browser: Use the Woot! Customer Service form.
Woot! App: Choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.
Note: Woot! Customer Service replies go to the email address on your Woot! account, not your Amazon login email if used/different.
Ew, ick.
But … cleaning isn’t hard. I got some “new” 2M usb-c cables that were a little gucky (probably from sitting in a warehouse for years), just wiped ‘em with disinfectant wipes and then damp cloth.
Does anyone know the return policy on case you don’t like the product? Never used you with prime subscription.
Br
kozak
Here’s Woot’s return policy:
Oh for sure, I did that immediately. It was more from the perspective that these were supposed to be new but 2 out the 5 that I ordered were clearly used. I think the supplier that sold these to Woot were trying to also offload some used units and selling them as new which stinks… literally in this case LOL
Thank you as always! You’re the best!
Over the last couple of months I’ve ordered three Apple MagSafe Wireless Charger. The first two arrived as advertised and worked 4.0. The third one, which was delivered today, was not. Echoing @dcopen’s review, the charger was clearly used and returned with chips/dents on the metal ring, yellowing of the cable, fraying half-way along the cable, an opened clear bag, and a distinctive smell that closely resembles wet dog. I’ve already reached out to Woot CS via the Contact Us e-mail, but just a heads up to those ordering that this still seems to be a hit-or-miss risk, depite being billed as new and from Apple.
That said, the original pair I ordered are working great and I would highly recommend them.
Yikes. That not only looks previously used, but damaged. I’m sure CS will refund you (probably not ask for return shipping, but YMMV). I guess if you wanted one to rattle around in the car storage console….
If you sort on recent reviews for this on Amazon the reviews are NOT GOOD. Complaints were they took forever to charge and didn’t work after 6 months. Advice, never just look at overall stars, because companies find a way to inflate them, always look at the most recent reviews to show real time person reviews. Avoid this
Not to mention non-techie reviews from people, i.e. “delivered fast, just what I needed, charges my phone.”
`x != useful`.
But caveat emptor, these are FIRST-gen chargers, and will not provide any of the newer “fast charge” speeds. These are the kind of thing you put a phone on overnight to charge at the phone’s leisure. These may be ideal if you have one of those BYOC MagSafe charging stands that need you to provide the charge pad. Since it’s out of sight, who cares if it’s a little dinged?
Depending upon the model of AirPods you have, the wireless charging case may charge on these. Check this page: Charge AirPods, AirPods Pro, or AirPods Max - Apple Support . Frankly, for a little more than this price, you could buy a small MagSafe charging battery pack from Baseus, Anker, or other good brands (or not good if you want to roll
), plug in, and voila you have a charging pad that you can optionally take with you. (The complaints that AirPods Pro 3’s case provides less charges is moot when you just have a little MagSafe battery pack with you for contingencies.)
They are great about returns and it’s very easy
Apple MagSafe Wireless Chargers: UPS just delivered my three-pack and all 3 were sealed with the white label and appear to be “new” and unused.



