(NEW) Apple 20W USB-C Fast Power Adapter

(NEW) Apple 20W USB-C Fast Power Adapter

1 Like

I tried code BLACKBERRY and it was 100% out

4 Likes

Why have a discount code when you could just reduce the price by $5 and save us all the hassle?

4 Likes

Some brands don’t like seeing their products below a certain price.

Using coupon codes circumvents that (in certain ways).

(Please note: I don’t work for Woot, I just volunteer to help out here on the forums.)

7 Likes

Aside from being Apple brand, what’s advantage of this one versus cheaper ones on Amazon?

4 Likes

Absolutely nothing.

7 Likes

I think it’s doing courage people to use the app… A lot of times these discounts are app only. Sometimes for prime members only. There’s a speculation though

nothing. I have had plenty of luck with a generic sixty five watt charger for $14 on amazon. I’m gonna guess obviously you feel a little more secure about apple being safer. But I got dozens of usbc chargers Or usb- a chargers … The brand seems to be completely inconsequential to charging speeds.

1 Like

This one is certified organic.
Kinda GIF

2 Likes

It seems you can purchase this same charger from Amazon directly with Prime for around $2 less

[MOD: Not seeing it]

So is smallpox

1 Like

Not that I could find …based on the Amazon ASIN B08L5M9BTJ

Every time I see apple products for “sale”:
Laugh Lol GIF

1 Like

Insane Apple markup, as usual. But with the Woot discount, it’s only mildly outrageous.

1 Like

It charges your phone way faster and doesn’t mess up your battery

That is actually a great deal for that charging 20W USB-C Power Adapter

1 Like

Charge rate is adapter AND cable dependent. If your phone is rated for it, a faster charge rate with higher power charger is feasible. 20 watts is comparatively low.
Apple specifies recommended charging to be 9 VDC/2.2 A or 20W. 2.2 is frankly low. Many other phones charge at 2.4 even 3 Amps.

• Some GaN chargers run at 45 to 65 Watts. Can charge a phone to 100% within 35 minutes. But cable needs to be able to allow the amperage.
  • Many refurbishers of both Apple and Android devices supply junk cables rated only for 1 Amp. Such cables will throttle charge rate.
  • Some newer cables are rated for 65W a few even 100W. Matters if charging an iPad or Android phones with large battery and screen.
  • If phone battery is not rated for turbo charging at 45+ Watts or feels warm when charge at that rate then must use recommended lower charging rate.
4 Likes

Yes I am aware I have that adapter and cable.

I have used to knock off ones from Amazon when I was out of town and they do not work as well.

The cable wire gauge matters much. Most are 28 gauge.
Some 24 gauge. Lower is better. USB-C to lightning is also far faster for legacy devices.

My Amazon HDX and Motorola phone chargers are far higher amperage than this 20 Watt Apple charger and work with either a 65 Watt USB-C to lightning cable or high amp USB-A to lightning cable at 2x charging speed without warming up my iPad pro.

Apple is 5 years late in fully adopting USB-C due to being forced to in Europe. Tech community has scorned Apple for being so late to pivot.

2 Likes

I plug my phone (it’s a pro max 14 so has a great battery) into a cheapie adapter and cable at night. In the morning it’s charged. Not sure what all the hoopla is about.

1 Like

Over charging goes against manufacturer’s advice for longevity of Li Ion batteries i.e. it will shorten the life of the battery over all unless there is auto shut off on the higher end charger. That is why I charge while working. My work and personal phones both can signal 100% and I disconnect.

The extreme example is leaving a laptop charging all the time. That is guaranteed to shorten the battery’s useful life. Manufacturers warn against doing so.