(NEW) Google Pixel 7 PRO - 256GB (UNLOCKED)

(NEW) Google Pixel 7 PRO - 256GB (UNLOCKED)

1 Like

Google Store version with unlocked bootloader or carrier version?

Best I can do is tree fiddy. Honestly with the weak radio signal and dated highly advanced SOC processor, these phones are just above a Moto G and should have been 500 max. The software and “AI” marketing is not good enough to justify the price.

3 Likes

No.

1 Like

I bought the 7a on Amazon – RENEWED. $319. Looks brand new. Unlocked. No crudware from phone companies.

Got it a month ago and it’s doing great. Handles my Zoom phone app (work #) much clearer than the 4a I had to give up because Google stopped software updates.

Seriously. Give RENEWED a try.

Your tree-hugging friend…

6 Likes

I had this pixel 7 pro and a Galaxy s22 ultra for a year. I preferred the pixel 7 pro because of the speed and stability. The only downside is that it got warm at seemingly random times. I traded it in for a pixel 8 pro and it feels the exact same as far as stability and speed but it hasn’t gotten warm yet. I don’t think I can tell the difference on pictures as the camera seem to be very similar. I would highly recommend this phone but I wouldn’t highly recommend it at this price point. $425 would feel like a much fairer option for a year old phone.

4 Likes

This is about $250 below the Pixel 8 pro
$250 delta is enough for me.
Not much difference

This is $150 cheaper than the sale price directly from Google.

Writing this on a 7 pro and it is the worst phone I’ve ever owned it makes my old note 8 look like a supercomputer and still gets worse battery life

1 Like

My Pixel 6 had signal, fingerprint, and heat issues, but was fine overall. I’ve had no real problems with my 7 Pro. I agree this current price on woot is too high. I was able to get my daughter a 7 Pro (128GB) through Mint (with 12 months of 5GB/month service) for $389 before taxes last month.

1 Like

Great write-up! Was in the same position as you and agree with most of your points. To add: Android 14 really saved this (Pixel) phone. I always had really terrible battery and thermal management issues until this update. Now it runs cool and lasts a day and a half. Software is also super smooth and I prefer it over Samsung by a country mile.

Camera-wise: for those of you taking RAW photos, go Galaxy, hands-down (or a P8 Pro, tho not sure if these issues are fixed). Pixel has abysmal purple fringing issues on all of its lenses and a uniquely ugly yellow cast on its telephoto camera. RAW files also have weird artifacting and aren’t very flexible, despite what the YouTube reviews may claim. It does perform better in ultra low light across all lenses, so there is that at least.

I bought the Pixel 7 Pro last year because they offered me 450 trade in for my S20 Plus. I was using an Moto Edge Plus 2022 before and I didn’t feel that it was significantly better. Google Tensor chip is supposed to be some AI powerhouse but all of that is offloaded to servers. It seems like Mediatek is the only SOC that can give Qualcomm a run for their money. Not counting Apple of course.

1 Like

Yeah, because all of the professional camera mags and blogs rating the Pixel cameras as the best year after year just don’t know what they’re talking about :w_eyeroll1:

My Pixel 6 Pro has performed admirably for two years, now. Got it when they were first released and immediately took it to South America and Antarctica. It’s been to Europe, Asia, all over the US in many remote areas on road trips across the country. Have had excellent service with cell and wifi. Thousands of photos and videos taken and enjoyed. My only quibble has been the on-screen fingerprint reader though that has gotten much better with updates.

It’s a great phone. Better than Apple. Best camera in the business.

1 Like

Ah, but of course, silly me! Clearly I should be blindly listening to the opinions of those whose content depends on companies sending them pre-release units year-after-year, for a phone I don’t own, no less. :wink:

Glad you’re enjoying your 6 Pro.

I love my 7 pro

1 Like

Bought this deal and just got it, seems like it’s locked to Verizon. Put my T-Mobile SIM in and it took me to a page that said it needed to activate on Verizon. Taking it to T-Mobile tomorrow to see.

Update: T-Mobile said they can’t do anything. Verizon said they can’t unlock it without the account holder releasing it, but they have no record of a previous account holder, so it can’t be unlocked.

Phone isn’t unlocked like it says, it’s Verizon locked.

Please reach out to Woot! Customer Service. To speed things up, let them know if you prefer a return/refund or a replacement (if possible).

Please allow 36-48h for them to respond.

Browser: Use the Woot! Customer Service form.

Woot! App: Choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Self-Return: Items without Li-Ion batteries can be self-returned within 30 days. Go to your Order Details to get started. The return label will be emailed from UPS.

Note: Woot! Customer Service replies go to the email address on your Woot! account, not your Amazon login email if used/different.

(Please Note: I’m not employed by Woot, but I volunteer to help in the forums.)

What are you talking about? I’ve never been given a “pre-release” phone, I buy my phone like anyone else does. I BOUGHT my Pixel 6 Pro when it was first released.