(NEW) Microsoft Audio Speaker Phone & Pass-Through Charging Dock

Hi - you can read more about Woot’s return policy here: Frequently Asked Questions - Woot!

Yeah but you got to remember those stars are based on a $250 MSRP and probably no less than $100. I’m not even saying it’s a great product, but at $35 it’s like an expensive USBC hub that happens to be a speaker also.

2 Likes

It’s basically just a speaker for your computer that also serves as a USBC hub of sorts. port selection is pretty limited but at $35 it’s a pretty good bargain on the last. It’s hard to find a speaker at this price, let alone a USBC hub along with it. It’s also optimized for some Microsoft team software but I don’t use that anyways

1 Like

I don’t see why it couldn’t serve as your general computer speaker.

It’s basically a USBC hub which adds extra ports to your laptop… Also happens to be bundled with a monitor speaker/ loudspeaker.

It can help with cable management and if you have a surface pro 8 or something it gives you a few extra ports and lets you connect to two monitors without having a messy usbc hub on your desk

Why not. Take my money woot.
Futurama Buy GIF

1 Like

Sort reviews by Recent.

3 Likes

The Amazon link above says the laptop USB-C cord is 3 feet in one of reviews.

I do Teams meetings every week, so I’m considering it. I’m using some cheap USB speakers now (which are good enough), and one review says the audio quality is very good.

1 Like

Shipped for anyone? It’s been 4 days still shows preparing for shipping…

Mine shipped - Out for Delivery today.

It’s now showing as SOLD OUT

Still not shipped :zipper_mouth_face:

You might give it until Tuesday to see if it shipped over the weekend. If no luck, reach out to Woot! Customer Service. To speed things up, let them know if you prefer a return/refund or a replacement (if possible).

Please allow 24-48h for them to respond.

Browser: Use the Woot! Customer Service form.

Woot! App: Choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Self-Return: Items without Li-Ion batteries can be self-returned within 30 days. Go to your Order Details to get started. The return label will be emailed from UPS.

Note: Woot! Customer Service replies go to the email address on your Woot! account, not your Amazon login email if used/different.

Got mine on Saturday and am pleased with it for under $40 to add some extra ports and a non-tinny speaker to my tablet dock setup at home. It’s a well built unit that will stay put on my desk, unlike many of the USB-C port replicators that dangle from my tablet with their short cables.

However, at anywhere near the MSRP or even around $100, it’s an under performing speaker (max volume and bass wise) compared to what one can get in a separate speaker.

1 Like

Hey TT! Nice to see you are still active! Aside from my wife breaking a leg at the knee and me helping out 24/7 for along time, all is well.

Still using that new $250 HP “student type” laptop from two years back. It has helped produce $44K in radio shows. Not a bad investment.

Hope your holidays, however you may celebrate them, are great!

1 Like

Still rattling the hallways here. Things are going well. Glad things are good for you. Take care of the wife’s knee!

Thought this was as decent price to give it a try as I use MS Teams all day, everyday. I like the idea of the audio dock and it definitely removed clutter from my desk. However, while the audio sounded good to me - everyone I spoke with on Teams heard an echo on their end. I tried every setting I could find including the Teams checkbox for “enable echo cancellation” but nothing worked. As soon as I unplugged the audio dock, the echo went away. I tried different audio settings including lowering the microphone input and placing the dock in different locations (away from walls). I’d be up for trying another one but the item sold out so my only option is to return. Overall disappointed.

1 Like

This is very good concept but poorly developed by Microsoft :frowning:
This charge does not work with laptops which needs 100w connection

1 Like