(NEW) Microsoft Audio Speaker Phone & Pass-Through Charging Dock

(NEW) Microsoft Audio Speaker Phone & Pass-Through Charging Dock

2 Likes

Great deal. The msrp for this is absurd, but this is a great price

2 Likes

Selling for $59 on the mothership.

3 Likes

Anyone else having issues with the full specs link?

[MOD: Fixed]

3 Likes

Yes, Full Specs link is broken.

Here is the link from mothership. Should have everything you need. Only 3.9/5 stars.

https://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Audio-Dock-USB-Pass-Through/dp/B0BB8NFHSY

4 Likes

Guess I’m old but I can’t figure out what this does ?!

2 Likes

Speakerphone for meetings.

1 Like

Retired…that explains it.
Thanks for response.

2 Likes

Maybe a stupid question - but could this serve as my general computer speaker, or is it only for speakerphone/Teams meetings?

It can probably work as a general speaker. My wonder is what is the sound quality like for music and that looks like a very short USB-C cable to connect from the speaker to a computer.

5 Likes

I have the smaller version of this device that is speakerphone only (doesn’t act like a dock). The cord to the computer is a little over 2’. If you look closely in one of the pictures (don’t recall if the Woot pictures or Amazon) you will see the cord comes out from the bottom between the body of the unit and a small rubber flap that covers the entire bottom. The cord goes in there and wraps around the base of the unit, hidden by the flap so you can pull out just as much cord as you need.

I don’t know if its the same length on this one but it is for sure the same hidden cord\flap design.

Gonna order 1 to try out on my secondary laptop (I’m a consultant through an outsourcing company so always have a few laptops on at the same time for each of my various clients).

3 Likes

Combo laptop dock and speakerphone. You can plug your keyboard, mouse and monitor into this, and with 1 cable connect all that to your laptop.

this is perfect timing… I’m setting up a desk with peripherals for a laptop and was just wondering what I should do for a port replicator. I’ve used no-name manufacturer docks before, and they weren’t always pleasant to deal with. at this price, I’ll take my chances with a major manufacturer product every time.

Thanks for letting us know - I’ve asked our team to fix that link!

Had no clue this speaker existed. Interesting device at a low risk price. With a $250 MSRP, it is perhaps not surprising Woot mother Amazon has only 27 reviews… after this product being available there all the way back to October 2022.

Difficult to make a solid assessment on on 27 reviews, but 25% 1 and 2 star ratings not good.

X-ray pic hints the speakers inside are pretty sophisticated. And Microsoft does claim it works fine for all around sound use, not just audio calls.

I am reminded of another odd Microsoft product, quickly abandoned by them - their mono “dynamic” USB-driven speaker with the big heavy sub-woofer and a single small satellite speaker. I think I still have one in a corner of the basement. Will have to see if Windows will even drive it at this point.

Amazon link with lots of details posted above by woowoo.

What does the Teams button do? Does it have a redial button?

If only it had an ethernet port.

1 Like

Looks like it has 2 uses - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BB8NFHSY

Not seeing anything about redialing though.

1 Like

don’t like seeing reviews that say it malfunctions badly after a few months, what’s the return period? free return shipping if it doesn’t work well? Worth it if I have to buy adapters to connect it? Would it help improve dictation?..“may return most purchases within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. Some orders qualify for a Fast Refund. If your order qualifies, then Woot will process the refund one business day after you drop off the package with the carrier. If your order doesn’t qualify, we will process your refund within 3-5 business days after the package arrives to our warehouse. If the item being returned is not damaged or defective, we’ll deduct the prepaid cost of return shipping from the refund.”

If I’m working and my laptop is docked, I want a wired connection. I’m using a dock now (with ethernet) but having some type of all in one would really work well for me.