Nisaku NJP650 NISAKU Hori Hori Japanese SS Knife Stainle

Nisaku NJP650 NISAKU Hori Hori Japanese SS Knife Stainle

6 Likes

I’m strapping this on and slowly walking the yard just to scare the heck out of the weeds….

7 Likes

I paid $19 for this hori hori on Amazon 2 years ago. $10 is a steal. Clean and dry the blade after gardening and it’ll take care of you. Replaces a lot of crappy unitasker garden tools. Great for laying dandelions to waste. That serrated blade is sharper than it looks so be careful!

12 Likes

I get it, the Japanese make awesome knives. Gardening though? I thought this was for the kitchen. What is so exciting?

Mod: edited

4 Likes

Just inspected my second one delievered 30 minutes ago. Won’t be without one around the yard or house plants. It is a five times five-star item.

10 Likes

Cut, measure, dig, weed, scoop, edge, trim, seed, mix. Clean and dry the knife. Start over whenever you need.

6 Likes

Great for getting plants out of pots.Just run the knife along the inside edge and viola. It slso cuts open bags of potting soil nicely.

7 Likes

Smoke Plants GIF by South Park

5 Likes

They are pretty nice. Imma use mine to cut cake.

11 Likes

I misread weeds as weebs, and thought to myself “that’s one thing to do with a Japanese knife.”

4 Likes

Mmmmmmmmmm cake. Speaking of cake. 4 more days until King Cake season. Woot

5 Likes

This would 100% get that baby out.

2 Likes

I bought it 2 years ago too. I’m a true convert now! I use it for so many things. It’s such a solid tool, i thought it was a steal at $20.

6 Likes

It’s called a dibble.

3 Likes

Just one of many uses. Unlike a dibble, this is also very sharp and weeds hard roots with ease. Cuts turf, prunes etc. And it somehow stays sharp with just keeping in clean and dry. Money very well spent.

4 Likes

Probably want to be very careful not to carry this blade around with you, as I’m pretty sure the size of the blade is illegal in most places. And I can be wrong. It has happened…

1 Like

Season 4 Knife GIF by The Office

3 Likes

YES!
Bought 1 for $20 on sale last year. Was not sure I’d like it. Aside from the handle needs some customization for my hands I love this for in the garden!!

I like it so much I’m in for 2 at this price.

My only complaint is with the markings on the blade, sometimes they are hard for me to see but it may just be my eyes.

This is a very good price for a knife of this quality, and weight, and size.

Buy One buy One buy One buy One

5 Likes

Anyone that has one of these know the weight? Thinking of using it for backpacking as a poop trowel. The ones I’ve tried are super light but don’t handle dense PA soil so well.

1 Like

Lol, there’s two weights listed. 10 oz and 6.4 oz. It’s pretty hefty. Split the difference and say half a pound maybe. My scale needs batteries or I’d weigh mine.

1 Like