Omnifi DMP1 20GB Car Media Jukebox with FM Modulator

woot!!! i just paid for my college tution!! please donate this to me!!.. my radio for my car was stolen! i have to sing to my sel!!! …and i’m a computer geek, TRUST ME, THAT IS NOT PRETTY! my friends bring ear plugs if they have to ride with me… and if it helps i have a good GPA in college i work really hard…

how do you use this thing? like you store music from your pc into the hard drive and then transmit it thorugh the FM transmitter? What is the advantage of using this over an ipod in the car?

[quote user=“kerristar”]I have seen this thing 100 times, do you install this as a car deck?
[/quote]
No.
It doesn’t take the place of a deck, it is an add-on for a deck.

[quote user=“SuperNinja”]
It’s not really a radio, just something to add onto a radio.[/quote]
Thanks Super Nija

I picked up a USB cigarette lighter FM Modulator, and it sounds great for in a vehicle. I can’t imagine this being any worse, if anything it should be better!

Again?!? This has got to be the third or fourth time. I guess Omnifi can’t move these things, so they keep crawling back to Woot!

[quote user=“mainal50”]
Did you read the Blog??
The WOOT Big Brother is watching us !!!
We can’t have fun anymore …[/quote]

So Sorry… I hate to have fun anyway…

iv got a few from a ealier woot… let me know if you need 1 robul@aol.com

Just a point of clarification … people keep asking for a BOC (Bag Of Crap), when I believe Woot has officially renamed it “Random Crap.”

Ast least that was the description in my last purchase. Let’s think about the difference a bit. “Bag Of” implies there might be some thought given to the process (“Hey, Larry, pass me one of those Kensington Pucks for the Bag of Crap I’m filling up!”), whereas “Random” is more … random (“Hey, Larry … oh yeah, Larry went home … well I’ll put one of the Pucks in … and maybe another …”)

I’m hoping this won’t be deleted … Larry.

Bought the bundle a while back. Put the home unit in the closet under the bowling ball, but the mobile unit is in my daughter’s car. Works great. Installation was simple and her head unit had AUX jacks. Sound is quite good. Nice to have every song she owns right at her fingertips. It’s a good price and a good product.

hmmm only 802.11b…pass

Am I the only person getting an error when I try to click “I Want One”?

[quote user=“bassinboy”]woot!!! i just paid for my college tution!! please donate this to me!!.. my radio for my car was stolen! i have to sing to my sel!!! …and i’m a computer geek, TRUST ME, THAT IS NOT PRETTY! my friends bring ear plugs if they have to ride with me… and if it helps i have a good GPA in college i work really hard…
[/quote]

If your radio got jacked this won’t help you! Sorry!

Woot Woot!

Good Woot!

But I’m only concerned about how this new music player would go with my current system? Does this mean I would have to throw away my old MiniDiscs, CDs, Casettes, Vinyls that I use in my car right now? Hmm… may be I should. I probably have all that music on my computer already… or soon will.

Anyways, this product is too early for me. I’d rather buy a new car in a few months that comes with this product built in! … If one is willing and able to carry this around - from and to the car, why not provide him the player in the car? Anyways all the muci can be transferred wirelessly.

blah blah blah what a needless wood. a fancy mp3 player I have no need 4.

Is this the new and improved Woot with new forume rules? Looks like the same old thing. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck. . .
Here’s some useful info:

Sorry, but I am forcing you to paste it to your browser you lazy turds!

Cheers to NOLA!!!

What were you looking for? A sparkling dish set? lol (could’ve happened)… :wink:

I highly recommend this woot. I bought it the last time they offered it and I can’t complain at all, although I would recommend only getting it if your stereo has an EQ. I ran mine into my factory stereo through a cassette adapter and they sounded like garbage, after getting a “real” stereo that had EQ settings and real inputs though, they sound as clear and crisp as on my PC. Great woot, great price, get it now!

[quote user=“mainal50”]
Did you read the Blog??
The WOOT Big Brother is watching us !!!
We can’t have fun anymore …[/quote]

Good riddance to the nimrods and first page wannabes! Now I can at least (hope to) read some sensible reviews and opinions without wading through lame posts. I’d started wondering what the discussion groups were for.

Good decision - I’m sure many Wooters will mind - but we won’t miss them :slight_smile:

it will not let me buy it, I click “i want one” and it denies me. and also does this thing have to be professionally installed?