Oreck XL Professional Air Purifier

Bought one, they do not work for a whole room. Improved air in about 1/2 of bedroom. Bought Fresh Air unit and did whole house.

I’m not to faun of air purifiers I’m not saying they don’t work but just put a fan in the window and blow fresh air. If you don’t have a window then I guess u need this.

Enough talk about this air thingy - If someone wanted to buy it they would have already - still waiting for the next big thing - crap - crap - CRAP!

I guess I should have listened to the posts here…

I bought 2 of these from WOOT and one shows up with the RED cleaning light on all the time and the other one makes a loud clicking noise from the fan. My guess is both these were returns that WERE NOT REPAIRED. My proof is in the fact that one of the units arrived with an old fragrance pack left in the unit, and it the unit was dirty. Shame on WOOT. Shame on ORECK. Anyone else have any problems?

Yep- same problem here- it just arrived and the case is broken in several places and the power switch is totally non-functional. My guess is that someone bought this unit, possibly attempted to install it on the wall only to watch it crash onto the floor, then returned it. It certainly wasn’t repaired or “remanufactured” before it was sent to me. I’ve requested instructions for a return and will let everyone know how that goes.

[QUOTE=ebuice, post:225, topic:89115]
Yep- same problem here- it just arrived and the case is broken in several places and the power switch is totally non-functional. My guess is that someone bought this unit, possibly attempted to install it on the wall only to watch it crash onto the floor, then returned it. It certainly wasn’t repaired or “remanufactured” before it was sent to me. I’ve requested instructions for a return and will let everyone know how that goes.
[/quote]

Mine arrived in ‘like new’ condition, the only indication that it was not new was a “SHOW” sticker on the box. It’s even a Signature Series model, Yippie. I ran it for 24 hours, when I got home from work the whole house smelled (stunk) like ozone, even though the ionizer was switched off. I shut the unit off. Does this smell go away or reduce with time? Or is this thing headed for EB or CL?

I got three and they came today. Two work great, the other is super loud. All three look new, but the loud one has a different carbon filter on it and appears to have been used. I want to return the crappy one.

I let it run on ‘silence’ it’s great!

[QUOTE=jsz119, post:92, topic:89115]
I work for oreck and I have to say that this is a great deal. The lowest we have ever sold them for is 199.99 and then get the second one for 99.99 and that was just for a weekend. They work pretty good. The reason that they are discounted is because oreck just came out with a new purifier. I read earlier that some people had problems with them. 1 reason would be because they never cleanned their filter which is supposed to be done once a month. the other problem that we had with them is fan noise and if this happens drop it off at one of the stores and they will fix it for you. I have two at my house and i really like them. Anymore Questions just ask?
[/quote]

I bought 3 - one dead -red light on all the time - oreck won’t touch them they state no warranty any ideas??? Richard

I doubt anyone is reading this blog anymore, but I wanted to note that I bought one and used it during the recent wildfires here in SoCal. This little thing worked GREAT. Even if it were to die next time I use it, this thing cleared the smoke and dust hanging in the air for my entire downstairs (+/- 1,000 sf) during some of the nastiest air quality we’ve had in a long time. Thanks, Woot! and Oreck. Having the benefit of hindsight, I should have bought two.

I purchased an IQ air purifier. My landlord insisted that I get one, even though I do not need it as my products do not smell that much. I never use it and it just sits there and have never been used. I am looking to sell it.
If anyone would like to purchase it from me I will make you a steal of a deal.
countlessdreams@gmail.com

This has got to be the best Air Purifier on the market. I was a little doubtful about it cleaning the air, but I’ve been completely sold on the Oreck. I run mine 24/7 going on 3 years now and no issues. I clean it on a monthly basis and have taken it in for a more thorough cleaning by Oreck about a year ago. The Oreck maintenance only cost $25 and when I got it back, it looked like brand new again.

Terrific buy. If these are ever offered again at this price, I will purchase 2 more.