Oreck XL Professional Air Purifier

does it come with the old guy from the commercials? plz say yes

Tried this unit for 60 days from Oreck…a waste of money at any price…it does nothing. If you don’t mind paying $99 for a 2 speed fan pass on this one

I am a professional AirOlogist and am currently involved in retrofitting many submarines across the globe. We have tried this unit in the subs, and test them on “beans night” at the cafeteria. The results are quite positive, and the crewmen like it too. Buenos por burritos too.

Sounds like you’ve been spending weigh to much time bottled up in those tin cans

I hate clean air and clean water. It is just disgusting! Only sissy girls like that stuff!

If your looking for a real whole house electronic air cleaner check:
http://www.pexsupply.com/honeywell-electronic-air-cleaner.asp

http://search.express.ebay.com/Home-Garden_Heating-Cooling-Air_?_from=R40&_trksid=m51&_nkw=electronic+air+cleaners&_nd1=

TESTIMONIAL

As a sub captain, I can attest to the fact that sometimes the air can get stinky when you have 200 crewmen passing wind into the same air handler. An “SBD” from the rear quarters can quickly penetrate the helm. Instead of searching the sub for “the guy that’s laughing”, we have used the Oreck to eliminate it. We know when an SBD has arrived because the machine sounds like a bug zapper in a Florida campsite. Thanks Oreck!

Yeah! Someone actually contacted me to point out that you only get one, not three. Looks like I need to be a wee bit less subtle.

Woot off tomorrow? I think it will be crap.woot.com. BOC everyday? They are all thinking that they could get at least a few thousand people a day to buy crap from them. And they’d be right.

[QUOTE=soliver, post:208, topic:89115]
Yeah! Someone actually contacted me to point out that you only get one, not three. Looks like I need to be a wee bit less subtle.

Woot off tomorrow? I think it will be crap.woot.com. BOC everyday? They are all thinking that they could get at least a few thousand people a day to buy crap from them. And they’d be right.
[/quote]

Love your sig. What language it that in?

Because their designers love to watch Knight Rider, wear parachute pants, and dance the safety dance while they are stuck in the 80’s …

NOT TOO BAD CONSIDERING THE GAZILLIONS OF THESE THEY SOLD.

Is the surprise news that Woot.com is selling out, again, to amazon.com , or have they always hosted the wootcast on Amazon.com?

Kelywarren,
I checked out this Airfree and it’s exactly what we’re looking for. Did you price shop for the best deal and could you recommend a site for the best deal. Thanks for your input. IQAir is excellent as well.

All right already! Screw the damn purifier! What is the BIG thing happening tomorrow (in 3 hours)?!?!?!? I am really tired and don’t want to miss whatever it is. ARGH!

I use a $20 box fan with a $10 filter on the air intake side. Works fine for me

I bought one of those Sharp Plasmacluster air purifiers. Now THAT’s a piece of quality equipment! (seriously). If you aren’t familiar with them, imagine a air purifier that has a brain (okay, processor and sensors) to adjust fan speed and other considerations by the amount of dust AND ODOR in the room. The unit has 4 manual speeds, but many more incrimental steps when in automatic or pollen serial automatic mode. Just walk by the thing, and the dust you ruffled will make it change.

Plus it has a good pre-filter, a really good washable charcoal pellet prefilter and a HEPA filter that is rated for 5 years use on average - this due to the dual pre-filters.

They sell for around $400, but there are sales and rebates - I paid much less.

This thing is about the size of a VCR. My wife’s friends mother works for ORECK and buys these things at her 50% discount for everyone in her family she swears by them to the point where the friend has said she was going to buy us one.

[QUOTE=maisy321, post:214, topic:89115]
All right already! Screw the damn purifier! What is the BIG thing happening tomorrow (in 3 hours)?!?!?!? I am really tired and don’t want to miss whatever it is. ARGH!
[/quote]

Same for me. sigh

I’m waiting for the armature version. Do these come in green or orange to match my 60’s decor?

I find it hard to believe something so small can clean the air in a room. So call me stupid.