Peloton Original Peloton Exercise Bike

Can you watch YouTube or Netflix or other such services on the 22" screen? Maybe plug a Roku into it? Seems like an easy way to add value.

Hi there. It comes with the stated 90-day warranty. We get better prices sometimes if we carry the warranty.

Can you watch YouTube or Netflix or other such services on the 22" screen? Maybe plug a Roku into it? Seems like an easy way to add value.

No, you cannot. Iā€™ve had my bike for more than two years now, and rode a non-Peloton bike using the app for more than a year before that. Trust me, if youā€™re on the bike and working out, youā€™ll want the Peloton content. But if you really, really want to watch Netflix while riding the bike, set up the bike in your living room or someplace else with a TV. You donā€™t need the bikeā€™s tablet to do that.

Even at the current Woot price point, this bike is not competitive with many other quality exercise bikes available on Amazon. Itā€™s outrageously expensive and the monthly fee is a ripoff. Some people enjoy overpaying for stuff like $10 for a cup of coffee. The best aerobic exercise machine I have ever used is a Schwin Airdyne. Itā€™s old school low tech but it provides a fantastic workout. I have two of them in the event one requires repair. That never happens because the beast is also old school construction, especially if itā€™s an original model. Numerous used machines can be found on EBay.:+1:

Sounds like the Peloton bike isnā€™t for you. As a longtime user, I can tell you that no piece of workout equipment has ever kept me interested for three solid years, but this one has. For the first year-plus, I rode a non-Peloton bike and used the app. Then I bought a real-deal Peloton bike a little over two years ago. Iā€™ve ridden my bike at least once a weekā€“and usually a lot more than thatā€“for 165 consecutive weeks and counting. The content for which you pay the monthly fee is 1,000% worth it. And believe me, Iā€™m not a guy whoā€™s into status symbols or just buys stuff because itā€™s overpriced.

Shame. I have a $200 bike I use in front of a TV. If the built-in screen worked for entertainment options, that would be more convenient. I suppose Iā€™m not serious enough about it to see the benefit of the peleton content.

As someone who has had a Peloton Bike+ for several months now, I have to say that I have zero regrets in becoming a Peloton subscriber. I bought my Bike+ used from FB Marketplace (I know, sketchy but I did my research). The classes are fantastic. There are multiple levels of difficulty and multiple time intervals to cater to your life, abilities, and how much free time you have. The monthly fee allows you to do anything you can think of - bike classes, HIIT classes, yoga, different stretches, strength training, etc. one thing I just completed is the 3 week introduction to yoga. It was the first course (different than classes) I tackled and now I feel like I can handle yoga since I know what the heck theyā€™re talking about in yoga classes, now. As someone said, itā€™s a commitment. At the risk of sounding cliche, I would say itā€™s a lifestyle change and an investment in yourself. I hated going to gyms and would eat the cost of my membership and never go. With Peloton, Iā€™m on a 36 week streak for exercising. I try to do a bike ride, walk, or HIIT class each day because I can do what I want to do.

P.s. Watch out for Kendall Toole. She will kick your ass with her bike rides (I love them now). Do not start with her classes unless you want to feel defeated right away. I like Emma Lovewell, Ben Alldis, Leanne Hainsby as good balanced riders for those starting out with this purchase.

3 Likes

Anyone received their bike yet? My tracking number still isnā€™t live at the shipper.

We ordered two but only received one. When I reached out to Woot, they claimed both had been delivered, and put the onus on me to give them proof only one was delivered, which is ridiculous. This isnā€™t some $20 item. Thankfully the company that delivered it required a signature so I have the proof, and now itā€™s with their escalation dept supposedly.

This will be the last time I order anything from Woot, and if I donā€™t get a response by Friday, Iā€™ll be opening a case with my credit card to get my money back.

Hi there. Sorry about that. Let me reach out to CS for you.

1 Like

She sounds aggressive and pushy. I do not need that in my life. PASS

Did you find out anything from CS? Iā€™ve emailed for an update but am not getting any response.

Last word late yesterday was there were emails between the vendor, shipper, and us. Havenā€™t heard anything this morning but itā€™s still early.

2 Likes

Resolution has been reached, and Woot has just re-established my trust. Thanks so much.

3 Likes