Peloton Original Peloton Exercise Bike

Peloton Original Peloton Exercise Bike

1 Like

What model number is this bike? What year was it released? Is this a version 1, 2, or 3?

Oh wow, that’s not a product I ever expected to see on Woot, and a seemingly good price.

…my poor wallet.

1 Like

This got me curious too so I found an article that states:

When it comes to the Peloton bikes, there are three different generations of Peloton display screens and you’d expect to pay less for the older model. The newer screens are thinner, have a faster processor, more RAM, and better quality speakers. The first generation will have a model number ending in “xxxx-QUARTZ” or “001;” the second generation screens will have “RB1V1,” and third-generation bikes will have “RB1VQ.”

TT is usually pretty good about reading these, so she may be able to get that info for us.

1 Like

This is a good deal… same price for a used one on Craigslist and this includes delivery

1 Like

Hi there. Per the vendor:

The model number on the box is PL01 and these were released in 2021. Here is the link to the product on peloton’s website:

The model number on the back of the monitor is PLTN-RB1VO-2

1 Like

“You’ll pay $44/mo for your entire household and get unlimited access to our entire library of content”

Yikes, you have to pay $528/year for access to the peloton content ON TOP of the $1k bike? Thanks, but no thanks…

2 Likes

It’s a commitment, I too was concerned I am not a fitness guy, nor is my wife. I would never dream of going to a health club. but relative to everything else it s well worth it. We wnt to the movies the other day for 3 hours and it came out to 40 bucks. The peloton content for any ability is very well done and it’s not just biking classes, there is all kinds of classes. And if you don’t want to a take a bike class take a single-track ride in California and admire the beauty or watch a netflix video, news, sports if you have a TV nearby. The best part is it’s down the hallway, just 20-30 minutes a day and the last thing on your mind is $44

It’s all relative

3 Likes
5 Likes

Longtime Peloton user here. If you use the content on Peloton & appreciate the metrics, live rides, scenic content, leaderboard and community vibe, the price is 100% worth it. If you don’t, buy an Echelon or Schwinn and pay for a $129 digital membership per year and get some but not all of the benefits of Peloton or use another platform.

If you want more than a 90 day warranty however, I’d recommend a refurb directly from Peloton

3 Likes

Is assembly included?

2 Likes

No. You get that joy all to yourself and anyone you can talk into helping you.

Eschelon has a similar bike much cheaper. Membership is 399 a year - without it you can’t just “ride” unless you don’t want to know your speed or distance. A drawback to Eschelon is you also can’t get the app on a laptop or cast to your TV. I’m not sure if Peleton can or not. But it’s kinda tough to see on a phone and not everyone has a tablet.

On the positive side, my employer pays membership :blush:

wreck it ralph disney GIF

Is this new or refurbished?

1 Like

Thank You. I’ve never used or seen Woot before so being extra cautious.

Does it come with more than the 90 day Woot Warranty? A warranty from Peloton?

:+1:

FWIW, Woot has been around for nearly 19 years now. Since the Amazon acquisition in 2010, it operates as an independent subsidiary.

Some reading material:
https://www.woot.com/faq

(Note that I am not staff. I just volunteer to help out on the forums.)

2 Likes

Even at the current Woot price point, this bike is not competitive with many other quality exercise bikes available on Amazon. It’s outrageously expensive and the monthly fee is a ripoff. Some people enjoy overpaying for stuff like $10 for a cup of coffee. The best aerobic exercise machine I have ever used is a Schwin Airdyne. It’s old school low tech but it provides a fantastic workout. I have two of them in the event one requires repair. That never happens because the beast is also old school construction, especially if it’s an original model. Numerous used machines can be found on EBay.:+1: