Philips 10-Outlet Surge Protector

i’d buy this if i didn’t just buy a bunch of power squids not long ago.

im in for two becuase everyone else is

Tempting, tempting…I’m a sucker for deals like this. These always come in handy.

interestingly enough, these were featured on buy.com the other day for $19.99/each with free shipping. it’s listed here for the same price only woot’s tagging on that $5 kicker for shipping. don’t bother looking on buy cause it’s no longer even listed for sale. poof and now abra-ca-dabra it’s now on woot!

others on here have said that buy.com and woot tend to sell/share similar products, but i’ll leave it up to all of you to draw the conclusion as to why that is.

has anyone used these before? yeah or ney? plugging in 10 (!!) plugs into a single surge protector, regardless of the fact that it’s a protector, just makes me nervous. hmm…maybe that’s why woot’s selling smoke/co2 alarms over on woot.

i’d be curious to hear from anyone here who has had any experience with those 5-outlet power squids. all of the reviews i have come across have mostly been 5/5’s.

well, that about covers my $0.02 or more like 5.

cheers!

that damn tax thing that buy’s got going on for some of us just plain sucks.

Check your prices again. It’s cheaper here.

I hope you realize that the power squids don’t provide any surge protection…

also got a couple of surge protector ones from elsewhere haha

5/5 here too btw :slight_smile:

even though i got 'em, this deal is still MIGHTY tempting. i, too am always a sucker for these deals. they just scream “buy me or you’ll regret it!”

could you post the link to the reviews? thanks.

How exactly is $9.99 “the same price” as $19.99? These are “the same price as $14.99 with free shipping” - if you buy just one.

(…)

You don’t understand electricity. If you plug in enough wattage to overload it, the breaker will shut it off. If you plug in 10 typical electronic gadgets, you’ll use less than half its capacity. As long as the plugs are snug in the sockets and it isn’t overloaded, it’s fine.

The on/off switches are kind of flimsy, but they are fine otherwise. They don’t provide surge protection, however.

not true. the ones i ordered the other day from buy.com do.

Look at it this way: all of the states are struggling now. They actually need our sales tax money, and we’re still saving plenty with Woot.

I sit corrected. Are the ones with surge protection also called 'Power Squids"? If so, we need to distinguish between those and the non-surge-protector ones that Woot sells.

thanks for the ONE useful piece of information you provided at the end there, chief. and for your sake, i hope your piss poor attitude can be blamed on the hour.

cheers!

power squid is the company… so yeah. they have diff model numbers and such, but it’s not very explicit. probably easier just to say “with surge protector capabilities” or not in terms of productive discussion.

dunno what kind of useful reviews you might find on the powersquid website but here are some links:
http://www.powersquid.com/power-sentry-shoplogic-5-outlet-surge-protector-p-211.html
http://www.powersquid.com/power-outlet-multiplier-black-p-182.html
http://www.powersquid.com/power-outlet-multiplier-silver-p-183.html

personal use – haven’t tried the surge protector version yet as i don’t need to as of this point. the non surge protector ones work just fine. they do everything a simple power strip does but it allows a neat freak like me to organize my wires/coords better and keep things clean. the switch is not flimsy, imo… at least not enough to matter. it’s kind of nested in a bit of a groove so it’s not like it’s easy to accidentally click it off.

if you want more detailed reviews, a simple google search will suffice. don’t be so lazy :wink:

thanks for the info. i guess i’ll take my lazy ass to bed now…if i can just summon the effort to get out of the chair. sigh

If you didn’t find my noting that you had the price wrong, or that you don’t understand the difference between number of plugs and total wattage “useful,” then I suggest you have your parents buy this and then hook it up for you.

Cheers. :wink:

Tesla knows electricity! DUH look at his user name.

In for 3. Entertainment Center, Office, and ??

couldn’t resist any longer. in for 3.