Philips 1080p 42” LCD HDTV

How many HZ’s??? Anyone?

It’s listed both in the item description and once in this thread.

yeah it is a good price but I have a raincheck at kmart for a 42" plasma LG 42pj350 $449 can’t beat that!
Did you look at the legends of the video/audio input/outputs? Embossed in black plastic. Oh I hate that sooo Hard to read.

Have a good weekend Wooters!

Blessings,
John 20:29

Yeah, and for some reason HDMIs 1 and 3 are on the back and 2 is on the side.

That confused me and had me thinking it had a bum HDMI2 port until I checked HDMI3 and there was my device. =P

I’m in, with the SquareTrade warranty, as well. (35% off the warranty with code found on retailmenot.com, which was also nice.)

I bought one of these for my girlfriend. She loves it. It has a beautiful picture, but the digital tuner in it is not the greatest. It doesn’t deal with fast action very well.(e.g. a lot of artifacts are shown.) Works well with the xbox and external tuners though.

The side connections are for devices you constantly are connecting/disconnecting (like game consoles or video cameras) to make it easier to access without moving or removing from a wall mount.

For those of you who want all the HZ plus more than you need, here is a great deal…42 inch, 1080, 240HZ, Factory Recert for 699…750 with ship.

250 more but what everyone is bitching about is included, plus a sweet querty remote. Internet ready!!!

Will never get a refurbed Phillips TV again. last one nearly caught fire literally days after the 60 day warranty. had terrible high pitched squeal/buzz.

In fact I won’t get a refurbed Phillips anything, or a refurbed TV again, the experience was that bad. Worst Christmas gift I ever gave - could have burnt down the house.

Squaretrade won’t buy you a new house if a crappy Phillips refurb catches fire.

With this purchase I have officially purchased a woot from each of the four basic food groups… WooHoo!

I just received my MP3 Player and the VIP CARD
but nothing else. My order # is 30922068. My order says it should contain:
(1) Philips GoGear 2GB MP3 Player (Color: Black with Silver Trim)
(1) Set of earphones
(1) USB Cable
(1) Neck strap
(1) VIP Card (Redeem promo code at Audible.com for 2 free audio book downloads)
(1) Quick Start Guide
I didn’t get earphones, USB CABLE, Neck strap or the Quick Start Guide. I don’t know what to do with this thing now. Please help!!!
mattie138

Sams club has a new 32" Vizio for $298.99 so maybe all those people who bought the refurb Philips on Woot should cancel before its too late. You can also get a NEW 42" for the price of this refurb and Walmart has one for $399 online!

Did you open the box completely and look inside the folded corners of the package?

As mentioned above, check all compartments of the box carefully. If you don’t have any luck, email service@woot.com for assistance. Be sure to check your email spam/junk folders for a response.

… I wasn’t questioning the existence of the side ports. =P I was questioning their numbering. The two ports on the rear are HDMI1 and HDMI3. The side port is HDMI2.

That’s what confused me. Why they would assign them so. Instead of the two in the rear being 1 and 2, with 3 on the side.

Anyone get tracking info yet? I had it shipped to my office and since our warehouse is a little f’d up right now…

Shipping Update

Philips 1080p 42” LCD HDTV has completely shipped via Ground. All tracking has already been emailed out. You can also find your tracking number by following this link and use your ORDER NUMBER as the reference number.

FEDEX TRACKING

Well, i just got mine in today and no power cord or remote was in the box with it just the tv. This really sucks especially since it said in the product description that it came with both. I feel pretty riped off right now. Guess this will be my first and last woot.

I think the picture quality is horrible. Can I return this thing? I would gladly spend much more money for something that makes me happy.

Got this in the mail last Friday.

Right out of the box, with in one hour one of having this TV:

1. The component input is broken, it flickers so that you can’t see the picture clearly. Tried different components, a DVD player and my Wii, both with different cables and I had the same issue.

2. There is a dead pixel.

3. The stand is not level due to one of the rubber pads being missing.

The component problem is the most irritating. I just can’t believe it was delivered to me defective. I’m totally dissatisfied and have requested a refund. In my mind its not worth it to send it in for a repair or a replacement. I just hope I don’t have to pay the $60+ to have it shipped back.