Pointless price FTW

Finally, an acknowledgement of the fact…

7 Likes

CONGRATS! You’re the first to spot the change! (Or at least post about it)

Gonna move this over to the Info area.

2 Likes

And here’s the FAQ entry:

What’s this thing called “Pointless Price”?

We don’t use terms like List Price or Regular Price. Instead, we show the Suggested retail price, which is provided by our vendor or the Strike-through price imported from our friendly overlord Amazon (which is not necessarily the sale price). So, it’s a little, well, pointless. But we hope it helps.

1 Like

sigh… that’s me… always a day late and a dollar short :frowning:

2 Likes

THE WHOLE THING SEEMS POINTLESS TO ME.

3 Likes

Thanks for making a difference TT.
Happy Wooting

3 Likes

Maybe they’ll have a competition where we guess the suggested pointless price. I’d love to win a refurbished cheese grater.

2 Likes

It’d have to be better than a used “unused” automatic cat litter box :face_vomiting: (true story)

2 Likes

Why list any price at all?

Some of us pushed for that but it didn’t fly.

:person_shrugging:

People like random mystery around here. Just let it be a surprise when they see the charge amount on their bank statement.

Some of us like to know how good a deal the deal is.

The local Hen House has a discount rack with “Now $X.XX” but no original price. So, let’s say it’s “Now $3.00”–was it originally $6? $20? $3.10? $1.50?

>'Kat

Why care what other people (or company) previously thought it was worth? What is the item currently worth to you?

If a $5 item was $10, but it’s only worth $2 to you…that just means it was even more overpriced and doesn’t really mean anything in terms of how good a deal it is.