Post Mongering 4/28/22 (Part 3)

I think it’s 42.

I wore my BBQ Cow tee today for casual day at work. It got appropriate reactions. Hee. Then I wore it to Longbranch Steakhouse. I complemented it with my grilling socks.

Congrats. And condolences.

>'Kat

4 Likes

That’s amazing!!! Congrats!!! Many great memories when I played with my Atari :face_holding_back_tears:

2 Likes

Happy to send you any ribbons I have although not the same as earning them directly from Woot.

3 Likes

This way seems to be working well.

To do this, I’d need access to the mainframe (or at least the ability to run queries against the actual back-end database) but with that I could pump out some pretty cool stuff, I think. I don’t see this happening.

I did, however, look to see if the API allowed access to the forums, but it doesn’t appear to, so I didn’t bother requesting it.

I appreciate the thought, but I don’t need that much DDC!

If this happened before it arrived at my house, I could probably get behind this.

6 Likes

Technically this wouldn’t count as a post since it didn’t end with puncutation. :nerd_face:

5 Likes

There have been drawings where there was a comment about no wootybot posts being picked.

5 Likes

LOL… I prefer posting random stupid GIFs than to bother Wooty…

Should you be involved with Post Mongering, Wooty?

@WootyBot fortune

9 Likes

Maybe you don’t invoke WootyBot because you don’t know how to type his name? :laughing:

1 Like

And he’s still sleeping?

4 Likes

Thanks for the info I missed that!

3 Likes

Did we ever decipher the mysterious message from the last post mongering?

2 Likes

I have used “Wootybot” in mass numbers for over multiple of last Mongerings and I have not been picked 3 out of the last 4. With those numbers, I think it shows that using “Wootybot” doesnt massively benefit 1 poster specifically but does give others the chance to win. “Wootybot” does jump the numbers but to me the numbers only help the group as a whole.

I also would be curious if it would have a significant affect on the numbers if we eliminate the use of it. Would people post just as much without it and we still have a lot of winners?

If “Wootybot” is forbidden, I wont use it. I personally dont mind either way.

I do think the cutting the pick of winners (ie 1 winner every 2000 post) is the easiest way to decrease the amount of winners.

Cheers! Happy Saturday!

6 Likes

Do you think @davejlives would even remember what it was supposed to be even if we did figure it out?

2 Likes

Honestly I’m just excited we were talking about how you won and boom willed it into reality.

3 Likes

Depending on when utilized, “Wootybot” would increase odds for a poster as it would eliminate other potential entries from the same block group. For example, if 1 poster were to post 500 times with wootbot and no other posters posted in that same block, then by default the 1 poster would win for that block group. The likelihood of that happening is, of course, slim, but as some posters have mentioned, they get stuck with the 10 post limit and cannot post until someone else does.

The simple answer to this would be to allow calling up wootbot only if you get the post limit message (since no one else is posting at that time) effectively meaning wootbot shouldn’t take up more than 10% of each block group regardless of time of day. However, that would require some additional math and verification on @davejlives part which I’m sure he doesn’t even want to assign to the interns to do.

Perhaps, it would be best that if wootbot is picked from a block group, then the poster who called upon wootbot is eliminated from winning in that block group and another poster is picked. If wootbot is picked again, repeat process. Then posters would need to be more judicious in calling up wootbot and weigh the risks of potentially being eliminated from the block group should their wootbot post be picked.

6 Likes

Maybe, have 2 groups of people posting:

1- Those named “Dave” that own a 6’ tall metal rooster
2- Everyone else.

Get boxes of Desk Crap to everyone in group 1, then Excel-selected people in group 2.
Seems easy!

5 Likes

:scream:

radical

Is a block group a thing, or just something you’re using as an example. Just want to make sure we don’t think there’s a winner drawn from 1 - 1000, and a different winner from 1001 - 2000, etc.

I’m such a bad mongerer that I didn’t even know there was a 10 post limit before you’d get locked out. I wonder if an easier answer would be to disable that feature from the mongering threads?

6 Likes

Dave does draw in 1000 post blocks

6 Likes