What’s the filter made of, plastic and plastic? Other parts that touch coffee is plastic?
I’m assuming it’s made of the same wire mesh that’s used in reusable pod/baskets for Keurig machines.
Hi there. Here it is on Amazon:
Burke At A Glance
- Temperature-safe borosilicate glass carafe is sturdy and durable
- Fine mesh filter ensures your coffee blend will be as smooth as silk
- Removable bottom makes the Burke a cinch to clean
- Silicone gasket top for drip proof service
- Generous 1.6 quart capacity
Mine arrived yesterday. It’s plastic mesh, not wire