Princess Bride Rumours

Princess Bride Rumours

Itā€™s Westley not Wesley

Did I miss something? Apparently Westley is. Iā€™m noticing a definite lack of ā€˜klik-klaksā€™ on olā€™ Westley here. A side-effect of being mostly dead?

Also ā€œFarm Boyā€, not just ā€œBoyā€.

i like the art style just fine, but iā€™m not sure whatā€™s going on here. did buttercup turn into a gypsy dancer (wait, is ā€œgypsyā€ racist now? ā€œvagabondianā€?); and what does westley have in his hand? an orange? a tiny crystal ball?

3 Likes

ah - thank you sir. i just assumed the ā€œrumoursā€ were referring to the remake. i still donā€™t know what heā€™s holding, but at least thereā€™s a precedent.

The designer ā€œsweetravinā€ will, QUITE FREQUENTLY take iconic scenes, posters and the like and insert other characters into themā€¦ A mash-up if you will. They donā€™t always land, due to one or the other being a bit obscure, but sometimes the popularity of one will push it through even if the joke is not fully realized by most.

Itā€™s been racist the whole time.

2 Likes

In the original, itā€™s a mirrored ball with their reflections in it. Probably a ginormous chocolate-coated pill.