Rachio Gen 3 Sprinkler System

Rachio Gen 3 Sprinkler System

I’m a little confused… it says “your choice” of 8, 12, or 16 zone but no option to choose AND it says 12 zone… but Rachio only has 4, 8, and 16, that I can find…?

The description is definitely confusing, but I was able to find 12-zone ones elsewhere on the internet. Not sure if it’s an older model they no longer make, or if it was a one off model for specific vendors (I found it on costco site for $199)

I found a 12-zone on Ebay also. I suspect this is the older model.

We just bought an 8-zone on Amazon prime day and we are very happy. It is a great product.

If I remember correctly from researching these about a year ago when buying one, the 12 zone is the latest version, but is normally a Costco exclusive.

One thing to be aware of with this is that they recently had to drop support for Apple HomeKit due to technical issues that they weren’t able to solve. However, the company handled it pretty well by offering a full refund to anyone who wanted to return their unit if that was a dealbreaker for them (see here).

1 Like

Ah yep, I see the Costco one too. Weird. Amazon doesn’t have it. Hmmm.

I don’t think it’s older model because it says “Gen 3” which is what all the other models on Amazon are… but maybe I’m wrong :slight_smile:

Woot offered this on 9/23 with three models, the 8, 12 and 16 zone. They likely copy/pasted the HTML code with QCing it first.

BTW, I ordered/installed this and it seems very “smart”, but I’m not sure I like it. I’m so used to watering X number of times/week for Y minutes, but this system allows for completely random watering based on a number of conditions like soil, local radar, ground slope, grass vs trees vs shrubs vs plants. It’s a little nerve-racking to let the AI take over.

So, is the 8 zone one available for purchase here on Woot?

Hi there - sorry, it’s not available at this time. Only the 12-zone is currently for sale.