Rio Cali Sport 128MB MP3 Player

Welcome to the Rio Cali Sport 128MB MP3 Player topic page for Wednesday, April 27th. Please post your questions, experiences, or pricing comments here.

Looks cool. It’s expandable with SD or MMC too! Refurb though, Hope mine’s clean.

Movement of the wind, hard drive spins,
pop in an mp3 format audio file and push play
$29.99 + $5 Shipping and Handling
Why are you soft in the middle? Are there not roads on which to run? Ropes to jump? Do you lack the fancy physical fitness machinery required to do a few push-ups, pull-ups and sit-ups? No, your problem is not that exercise is unavailable. Your problem is that exercise is unappealing.

Now let us ask you this: After prosperity made him complacent, how did Rocky Balboa regain his fighting shape so he could face the hungry contender Clubber Lang? Sure, weight training, wind sprints, the heavy bag, whatever. But what made all that possible? Survivor’s “Eye of the Tiger” and Maynard Ferguson’s “Gonna Fly Now,” that’s what. It’s not about the shoes; it’s about the grooves.

Wrapped in grippy, protective rubber, the Cali Sport 128MB mp3 player is built for the kind of rough treatment it’s going to take if you ever hope to slough off that surplus gut. With solid-state electronic innards, it carries over 60 songs, and is about as likely to skip as John Wayne was. Its integrated stopwatch with lap timer will tell you just how depressingly slow you really run, and with the Cali Sport’s onboard FM tuner, you’ll always have something to listen to.

Unfortunately, yes, sometimes it will be Diane Rehm.

Features include:

* Condition: Refurbished by Rio
* 128MB of memory for over 2 hours of MP3 or 4 hours of WMA music
* An empty expansion slot so you can add up to 512MB of additional SD or MMC memory
* Simple menus and intuitive controls make for easy one-handed operation, if you know what we mean
* 5-band adjustable equalizer with pre-sets
* 18 hours of continuous playback with one AAA battery
* Integrated FM tuner
* USB interface
* Compatible with Windows 98 SE/2000/Me/XP/Mac OS X
* Dimensions: 2.5” x 2.6” x 0.8”
* Weight: 1.8oz

Accessories include:

* Arm band carrying case
* Sport clip earphones
* USB cable
* Installation disk

http://www.dealtaker.com - The best and most up to date deals around!!!

woot!!

I liked this one, but being a refurb I need some sort of MFR’s warranty cause the ones I would buy will be gifts.

looks nice!

Nice wOOt, but dont need it. Any more 5.1 mystery speakers?

Looks nice. Too bad they are going for 10 bucks or so on that other site. Woot!!!

out
door
speakers

[color=red:88e5988f7c][b]edit* wheres peteromans today???

edit again, false alram[/b][/color]

Not bad, if it were 512 id be all over it!!!

Too bad I don’t need one. Woot

Not bad, if it were 512 id be all over it!!!

hmmmm $70ish on froogle …

i wanted an mp3 player, but if i’m gonna get one i’m gonna go all out.

thanks anyway :slight_smile: hope you guys have a great night!

price is pretty good, but doesn’t hold too much. im not much of a jogger so i’ll stick with CD’s for now. closest froogle is $45.

http://www.craigandjamiearepoor.com better than a lottery ticket

Dang it! Can’t decide if I should buy one… Works with OSX which is great!!! But has that stupid CALI in it’s name. Gag me with a spoon! Should I get one???

Pete in CALIFORNIA

:shock:

Who ARE you people, and HOW do you get on the first page every night?
And how have you already checked this item on Froogle by 12:02 am???

Is this good?

Movement of the wind, hard drive spins,
pop in an mp3 format audio file and push play
$29.99 + $5 Shipping and Handling

Why are you soft in the middle? Are there not roads on which to run? Ropes to jump? Do you lack the fancy physical fitness machinery required to do a few push-ups, pull-ups and sit-ups? No, your problem is not that exercise is unavailable. Your problem is that exercise is unappealing.

Now let us ask you this: After prosperity made him complacent, how did Rocky Balboa regain his fighting shape so he could face the hungry contender Clubber Lang? Sure, weight training, wind sprints, the heavy bag, whatever. But what made all that possible? Survivor’s “Eye of the Tiger” and Maynard Ferguson’s “Gonna Fly Now,” that’s what. It’s not about the shoes; it’s about the grooves.

Wrapped in grippy, protective rubber, the Cali Sport 128MB mp3 player is built for the kind of rough treatment it’s going to take if you ever hope to slough off that surplus gut. With solid-state electronic innards, it carries over 60 songs, and is about as likely to skip as John Wayne was. Its integrated stopwatch with lap timer will tell you just how depressingly slow you really run, and with the Cali Sport’s onboard FM tuner, you’ll always have something to listen to.

Unfortunately, yes, sometimes it will be Diane Rehm.

Features include:
Condition: Refurbished by Rio
128MB of memory for over 2 hours of MP3 or 4 hours of WMA music
An empty expansion slot so you can add up to 512MB of additional SD or MMC memory
Simple menus and intuitive controls make for easy one-handed operation, if you know what we mean
5-band adjustable equalizer with pre-sets
18 hours of continuous playback with one AAA battery
Integrated FM tuner
USB interface
Compatible with Windows 98 SE/2000/Me/XP/Mac OS X
Dimensions: 2.5” x 2.6” x 0.8”
Weight: 1.8oz
Accessories include:
Arm band carrying case
Sport clip earphones
USB cable
Installation

Seems like a pretty good deal because of the SD slot and the FM radio. The display looks pretty nice too. Good woot!
:smiley:

[quote user=“jfstarship”]The Woots have been getting better since they were in the WSJ.

Cheapest Froogle, $60 on shop.com: http://amos.shop.com/amos/cc/main/ccn_search/st/Rio%20Cali%20Sport%20128MB/sy/productsx/ccsyn/260/prd/13804691/ccsid/374875937-15708/adtg/04230523[/quote]

or, for those of us who know how to “sort by price” the cheapest froogle is really:

RIO Networks Rio Cali Sport 128mb MP3 Player
4.2 / 5 from 24 product reviews
$42.95 - Comp-U-Plus: 4.1 / 5 Add to list

come on, woot. that’s like a 25% discount. you can do better! if it aint an ipod, it aint shit.

=bryce

I like it. Got what I asked for. Looks like a pretty sweet player, other than the color. Wonder if I can paint it black…

A couple of sites say it can handle up to a gig, which sounds good to me, 75$ or so for a 1 gig SD card, 25 or so for 512 megs (I’d just get two that way I can have seperate mixes for my manic-depressive personality).

It’s a refurb, Woot, any warrenty with this?

Finally, an MP3 player with SD expansion. Sure, 128 might not seem like a lot (but who the he!! exercises for more than 4 hours at a time anyway?), but add another 512mb as an SD card and you should have plenty of space.

I don’t know about the quality it puts out, but it should be more than sufficient for the long runs (10+ miles) on Sunday afternoons.

Count me in for one.

Edit: This used to be in the middle of page 2. I guess I am more important than I thought. :wink: