SAMSUNG 55" Q80A QLED 4K Smart Gaming TV (2021)

SAMSUNG 55" Q80A QLED 4K Smart Gaming TV (2021)

I’ve had this model TV for a year in this 55" size. It’s been fantastic except for one minor issue. The warranty support from Samsung took care of that for $0 out of pocket with an in-home technician visit. So after that fix, it’s a perfect 4K TV. It supports HDMI 2.1 120hz gaming consoles, so you won’t have to upgrade for a while. I bought it direct from Samsung when it was still a new model last year. I got it for a little less than its going for on Samsung’s site currently thanks to a bundle offer. But this $770 price is still significantly better and I don’t see Samsung dropping it that low without some other bundle/promotion that would be harder to work out than just buying it directly from woot. Had I known this TV would have been on woot only a year later for nearly $150 less than I paid, I would have toughed it out with my old TV for one more year.

Check rtings dot com for their in depth review. Their list of negatives are fair, but there were no deal-breakers for me. It’s not a top of the line TV, but it’s way above a bargain TV (not remotely comparable to the Samsung 4K you’ll find on sale at Walmart). Bottom line, it’s a great price for a 1 year old midrange Samsung TV with all the bells and whistles needed and none of the expensive picture perfect 8K details that your terrible eyesight probably can’t notice on a 55" TV anyway.

1 Like