Samsung Galaxy Buds Live Wireless Earbuds

Samsung Galaxy Buds Live Wireless Earbuds

1 Like

Not bad, but sure would be nice to see these drop even more. I’m seeing around $85 if you can get the conditions right elsewhere …

Why is the warranty 90 days provided by Woot when it is brand new? How long is the original Samsung warranty? Thanks.

We can get better deals if we carry the warranty.

1 Like

So I want to know, if I purchase these, they are brand new? What happens after the 90 day warranty if something were to go wrong with them? Is that something I would need to get with Samsung in regards to?

As with any item with a warranty, after the warranty expires, you would look at getting them repaired on your own. Samsung does not warranty these but may repair for a charge.

So this is not covered by the standard 1 year Samsung Warranty?

It is not.

Bought a set of Galaxy Buds Plus earlier in the year at $149 for work, and they’re great.

The Galaxy Buds Live seem to be a slight step up from that model, but a step up regardless. And I’d actually be paying less. Debating on waiting for a better discount.

What is the return policy for these? I’m an iPhone user so just want to be on the safe side!

There’s a 30-day return policy. Here’s the return policy:

https://www.woot.com/faq?ref=w_ft_bs_rp#what-is-woots-return-policy

Thank you!!

I bought these the last time they were up at this price (just a few weeks ago I think) and I’m impressed. They definitely sound good for earbuds, and they fit me well. I think they’re a little hard to justify overall though, even at this discounted price, because you can get similarly good “true wireless” for a fraction of the price, especially if you aren’t ruling out any specific style, design, or brand. Anker/Soundcore, Soundpeats, Mpow, Aukey, Enacfire, TaoTronics, etc., all make multiple versions, and they come in as low as <$30.

If you can’t wear the IEM/canalphone-style ones, then that rules out a huge chunk of the available options and pretty much leaves you with the earbud-style ones, like the Airpods. And if you don’t like ones with the stem (e.g. Airpods, SoundPeats TrueAir, etc.) and don’t want ones that wrap around and behind the ear, well then you could rationalize the Galaxy Buds Live, as they have that bean-shaped in-ear (but not in the ear canal) design.

1 Like

For those wondering why there is no Samsung warranty, it’s because they know they are running a scam with this item. The link in the description that goes to Samsung’s site goes to the model intended for North America. Well, the model they ship is NOT intended for US/Canada, but instead is the model for Latin America. It bears no FCC certification and that’s why Samsung won’t touch the warranty. It’s also a drop ship from a third party.

1 Like

For those wondering why there is no Samsung warranty, it’s because they know they are running a scam with this item. The link in the description that goes to Samsung’s site goes to the model intended for North America. Well, the model they ship is NOT intended for US/Canada, but instead is the model for Latin America. It bears no FCC certification and that’s why Samsung won’t touch the warranty. It’s also a drop ship from a third party.

What you are describing is not a scam.

What you are describing is extremely common wherein electronics meant for International markets are sold in the USA without the manufacturer warranty at a [sometimes significantly] lower price than their domestic market counterparts - albeit with the understanding that the manufacturer will not honor the warranty on the device in question.

This is also common in the Camera world wherein international bodies are sold in the USA, but the manufacturers will not honor the warranty if something breaks. At that point, it’s a matter of how reputable the retailer is; and seeing as how woot is substituting in their own warranty in place, and you still get the standard 30-day return policy as well, it is not a scam.

We can talk the efficacy of some of the products that have been listed here (all of the UVC product listings the past year), but this isn’t one that’s really in question.

Concurrently, there is no functional difference between the Domestic models and the International models (assuming that is what is indeed being sold here), so it is not misleading to link to such for the purposes of providing the full specifications of the device in question.

1 Like

So do these only play in Spanish or Portuguese?

These are actually nice earbuds and I prefer them to my Bose Soundsport true wireless earbuds.

Or you could buy these new for their current sale price, with a full warranty, for $5 more? Not seeing the deal here.

Ooh, you’re right, they’re currently $140 on Amazon. With the Prime card and 5% cash back you’d end up spending less on the same thing with the full US retail package from Amazon versus this sale on Woot (which is marked as “clearance” too, oddly enough for a new product.) That Amazon sale price won’t stay at that level forever, but at the moment it’s the wiser purchase.