Samsung Q70R/Q7DR Series HDR 4K Smart QLED TV

Samsung Q70R/Q7DR Series HDR 4K Smart QLED TV

While refurbished, the price of the 65" is near the same price I paid for mine new last year (due to a cool price glitch). This TV is definitely worth it. Here’s a review: Samsung Q70/Q70R QLED Review (QN49Q70RAFXZA, QN55Q70RAFXZA, QN65Q70RAFXZA, QN75Q70RAFXZA, QN82Q70RAFXZA, QN85Q70RAFXZA) - RTINGS.com

As I mentioned in my last post, do not connect this TV to the internet. I believe not even firmware updates are safe either. At one point, Samsung started baking advertisements into the firmware, I’m not sure if this model has it.

Only update the firmware if you absolutely need to. This TV is great as a dumb offline TV.

Also if you buy this model, I recommend getting the LED lights that show up on woot often. The brightness AI that the TV uses is pretty good but sudden jumps from lights to full screen black causes the backlight to dim suddenly and it looks jarring. This is commonly seen on something like It’s always sunny during title cards. With extra backlighting, your eyes won’t adjust as hard. Optionally, you can also turn off the backlight AI, but despite that one scenario, it’s actually really good.