Samsung QLED 4K Q60C Series TV (2023) (Factory Reconditioned)

Samsung QLED 4K Q60C Series TV (2023) (Factory Reconditioned)

RENAME THIS TO WHAT

1 Like

Harold.

Anyone have experience buying a factory refurbished? From woot? Anywhere else? Any issues or TV still going strong?

1 Like

In truth, this will likely be a gamble. I don’t say this to dissuade you, because I have had both one of the horror stories (LG CX OLED 65” - Box was bent in the middle, and screen cracked in half, top to bottom by the shipping company)… And I have had one experience that was absolutely perfect (LG C2 OLED 42” - Now in use as a gaming monitor, and it was in better condition than a brand new unit from Costco, but was much cheaper because it was refurbished).

Since Woot works with varying suppliers, it can come down to getting a dud from the beginning. Or a golden sample. Since logistics and shipping companies don’t always have the reputation for treating packages well, you may find that something arrives after having been treated like a hockey puck. Or it may be fine. Some television models have known likely issues, which are common reasons for return, which is why they end up available as refurbished goods - For example, some of the Samsung models, despite being arguably top of the game for bright QLED with great backlight dimming, and wonderful color saturation… SOME models have a tendency to exhibit DSE (Dirty Screen Effect, where panning across a white area, like some sky, hockey rink, or other large swathes of light color will look like they’re being viewed through a screen door, and visually appear like there is a dirty film in those scenarios). For models where you find that report online from longer term owners, it is even more likely that folks returned some, and that is what is refurbished.

Again, you risk some hassle and an imperfect display. But you also stand to benefit from an awesome deal on what may be a perfectly fine display. That’s just the reality of what having televisions shipped from a warehouse of “refurbished products” might be - anywhere along the spectrum. And I’ve had half a dozen experiences over the years that can represent several different levels of experience.

Hope that helps. If it works, this is actually a fantastic deal, and a great TV, especially for brighter rooms with excess light from windows or otherwise.

I got it Friday. Seems ok so far. Gotta test everything this week. This will be a TV for our camper