Sengled Smart Light Bulbs

Sengled Smart Light Bulbs

1 Like

2700K be like way pre plague.
pink help GIF by Denyse

Did anyone get a warranty card with the purchase of these bulbs that looks like this:

I used these with the sengled bulbs with their hub and a sengled smart switch. It would take around 5 or more seconds from when I pushed the switch for lights to turn on. You walk in a room and stand there… And stand there… And stand there. And then you finally reach down to push the button again thinking you missed it (because they are terrible buttons and sometimes you think you pressed it and you didn’t) and just before you push it again the lights come on. It’s weird because the lights turn off by the switch in only about a second. Anyways I hate these lights and so will you!

Hue and Lutron are nearly instant (with their respective hubs) and (while I can’t promise I won’t keep trying cheaper options) NOTHING measures even close to them.

2 Likes

Sengled Bulbs are Zigbee End Devices, not Repeaters / routers like they should be.

tl;dr: these don’t help comms on your zigbee mesh any

I have zero delay in response time with these bulbs using them without a hub and connected to my guest network. I have one bulb in my back porch light outside a brick wall, and one inside. Both respond immediately to any input made through the app. I wish I could get a true purple out of the bulb, but oh well. They work on a schedule I set just fine as well. I don’t know how long they will last, but so far, I have no complaints other than I wish they could have been 75W equivalent for just a little extra brightness on my porches. They are bright enough for the porch area, but about six feet out from the house, the light is considerably dimmer compared to my regular 75W equiv. LED bulb that I was using. I expected that though. I like that I can adjust the color and brightness of the light on the porch now.

These are the newer Bluetooth ones. I FULLY understand what you mean with the switch and the hub, but I just got an LED strip for my daughter’s room and it works better that the Zigbee bulbs by Sengled. An added advantage is that the Bluetooth ones take up NO space on your router. My Sengled hud doesn’t even see the strip that I’m talking about and I doubt that it can. That part matters none because she can control it locally with the button or her Echo show, and I can control it remotely from within the Alexa app. Delay is practically nonexistent and brightness is very existent! I’m considering switching away from the Zigbee Sengled lights to the Bluetooth only. It works just that well.

Edit: Oh, yeah. My daughter is nine and set the LED strip up herself. I can only expect that the bulbs operate in the same manner.

1 Like

The description of these bulbs on Woot says plainly, “Dimmable.” But when you get them, in the instructions it says, “Not for use with wall dimmers.”

Well, crap. Reach out to Woot! Customer Service.

From a browser, use the Woot! Customer Service form.

In the Woot! App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Note: Woot! Customer Service replies go to the email address on your Woot! account, not your Amazon login email if used/different.

1 Like