Sharper Image 31" Rolling Duffel

Got one last time. Rolls real smooth and fits a lot of stuff. Considering getting another one. The whole family is going on a cruise this summer and these should be perfect.

Anyone know how good the zippers are? My experience with similar products is that the zippers suck and break really easy. They seem to use lightweight backpack zippers instead of heavy duty luggage ones.

How is the quality? Does it withstand the beatings that baggage handlers dole out? I’m worried it may pull apart at the seams.

You know that story was FICTION, right?

I got both of these in the last woot.com sale and they are quite good. The wheels look very sturdy and those seem to be the first to break with any roll-along.

Thanks for your enlightening and information-filled comment. I have one, I’m looking for a 2nd bag if possible

It was not fiction for my entire grandmother’s family.
Oh yeah, and neither for 10,000,000 (yes, TEN MILLION) other people.

The wheels on this bag are small. Fine for pavement and airports, not for the great outdoors.
If you are looking for a duffel to schlep along with a full sized (I assume) pack, then this might be too big.
a 5000 cubic inch pack should be fine for a week if you plan it right

Echoing an earlier posters question, since you have experience with these bags, any problems with the zippers?

I had a rolling duffel similar to this one, but a different brand, in college. It did great flying between Portland, OR and Philly at least four times a year. But eventually the zippers gave out and I was that pitifully poor college kid whose baggage was shut with duct tape for my senior year.

In for one! I was going to do 2, but the Berry color is sold out apparently :frowning:

Mine says Khaki is out. Trade web browsers? :slight_smile:

Out of khaki? Who the hell wants berry? Guess I won’t be buying three of them…or any.

Its a great bag, got one during a woot off a while back. Too big for carrying on though. You can fit a ton of stuff in it, and the wheels make it easy to travel with. But yeah, if it was just a little smaller it would be an awesome carry on. Then again, I tend to travel with liquids like contact solution in my bag and I hate the travel size containers so I wouldnt be able to carry it on anyway.

Advice please: I’m going to be going to the Philippines for the peace corps; thus, luggage quality and sturdiness is rather important for me.

Anyone have comments on the quality of this luggage considering it will be spending two years in the Philippines with me? I take great care of things that I purchase, if that makes a difference.

Thanks much

eh… what?

“Yes, I realize that mistake would’ve been Jamaican.”
I’m trying to figure out if that’s a pun or a Jimmy Buffett reference…

You…realize you’re on the internet right? This may be the relatively tame woot comments section, but you are severely inviting flame attacks by trolling.

ANYWAY. Thinking of picking this up…I didn’t see anyone respond to the questions on durability, both overall and of the zippers. Can any owners comment?

Zippers, zippers, my kingdom for a zipper. Zippers are so the weak link for these sorts o’ bags.

Please, any current owners: Any thoughts on your zipper?

I often ponder my zipper. But I must admit, I enjoy it when my zipper receives attention.

Good deal, but you can do better at T.J. Maxx or Ross.