Snow Joe Extended Run Time Cordless Snow Shovel

Snow Joe Extended Run Time Cordless Snow Shovel

1 Like

I have an older model of this device as well as other Snow Joe products. The shovel definitely moves snow (within reason up to 6 inches of not excessively heavy snow). The drawback is that the snow is blown straight ahead. There is no way to direct the snow exhaust to the side. This means that if you are facing the wind, the blown snow will be deposited on your face, down your neck, etc. Of course the answer is to maneuver so that you are always directing the snow downwind. Otherwise I’ve had good luck with Snow Joe products. Their customer service is fantastic. When my cordless snow blower died after a year, they replaced it with a newer, better model at no charge and paid to ship the dead one back to them.

2 Likes

For me, this looks good. Except I can get the same/similar specs from “THE BIG A” for $10 more. There are several models with same or similar: battery, weight, cutting path, run time, etc. Tiny bit different on the model numbers, but all the tool mfgs do this to confuse (or annoy) us.

Why spend more money? How about a 2 year warranty?

So when the battery dies half way down your driveway, you can wait 3 hours for it to charge back up. Bad deal with only one battery. I will NEVER buy any outdoor device or tool with just one battery.

1 Like

Plug in electric models are better if you have access to an outside outlet. No battery issues and light enough to pick up and sweep over deep snow if needed. We had a 36inch blizzard a few years back and I was able to clear the sidewalk as well as clear our cars of the densely packed snow left by the plow.

I agree about the need for 2 batteries. Cold weather will reduce the run time, possibly severly. My first blower years ago was an electric Toro, and I replaced it with a 5hp self propelled elec. start Toro. In Minnesota you need something large and in charge to blow all the snow.