Soirée Bottle Top Wine Aerator

I’m glad someone said it.

Can you all please buy this so we can get back to wine??!! Pretty please!!!

In for 1 - I’ve never used an aerator before so am curious if this will improve enjoyment. I’ve noticed some bitterness at first in some of my recent woot wines - are those tannins I’m tasting?

I went in for 3 so I did my part

I’m in for one too. Got it as a gift for someone who has started making wine at home.

No, those are regrets…

Sorry! Seriously, which wines? Did you decant?

I have a Vinturi and the issues I have are that you have to be careful when you pour into the Vinturi so there’s no spillage/overflow; you have to factor the ounce or so of wine in the Vinturi into your target pour amount; and there always seems to be residual red wine dripping from it after the pour. (Maybe I didn’t use it enough to get the hang of it.) I don’t know how well this one aerates, but it seems like the only potential issue is that partially aerated wine will be returned to the bottle after a pour.

Edit: Nevermind, it sold out a few minutes after this post.

Ha! It was the pedroncelli zin and I didn’t have a chance to decant as we were at a picnic. Bottle #1 of the stuff was great, but bottle #4 tasted fairly bitter and lacked the depth I enjoyed at first.

Well, if you drank them all in a row, chances are you were so drunk you were actually drinking the plant water from a vase without realising!

My point is that just because my decanter CAN hold an entire bottle of wine doesn’t mean I have to pour an entire bottle into it. I can pour one or two glasses worth of wine into a full-sized decanter and reseal the bottle.

Oooh clever! I’ve just been struggling with this, with an unstoppable decanter that I have. All my decanters in England have stoppers, as they’re trad crystal ones. But here they tend not to. And I’ve been pouring back into bottle. But yes, your approach is clever… IF you know how much you’re going to drink. Now, for the Calcareous live wooting I Knew I wasn’t going to drink ti all, so I should have done that.

Funny how the most obvious things are not obvious until you realise them… because we’re blinded by habit, practice and tradition. Thank you for the insight!