Hope this one doesnt sell out by the morning, have to make sure I have the cash.
I do want a DVD writer… BUT I HAVE TO STOP SPENDING. I don’t think I’m getting this one.
Woot, I love you for offering such amazing deals… but I HATE you for making me take them.
Thank you.
-------EDIT-------
In response to this:
FOO YOO! I kinda like external drives — and some people don’t have bays to spare.
And woot is doing enough by offering the deals. You not taking them is no reason for anger. OBVIOUSLY some people DO like them, because they’re selling out within 15 minutes.
Woot, don’t lose faith. WE are still with you.
When is woot gonna ship to Canada?
Awesome deal! Too bad I don’t really want one. Snaps to Woot.
Double snaps on the new server or upgrade. Muy Bueno!
And now, the moment you have all been waiting for.
Tonight’s winning lottery numbers:
http://www.vacantcanvas.com
Oops, that’s a shameless plug, not lottery numbers…
will jump if it’s brand new
![]()
If you have a laptop that has firewire, this is an excellent way to go!
refurb…not really wooting…found new one at http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=172419 for $138 shipped..
And sony has a $30 rebate on this drive…
http://www.sonystyle.com/intershoproot/eCS/Store/en/documents/rebates/DRX530ul$30Rebate.pdf
now..let me think..$95 for refurb on woot or $108 for new after rebate…wait..why am i even thinking about this deal from woot ![]()
This was not the woot I was wooting for. Dass Okay! I’m drunk at the bar from too much wootbeer. Woot you be so kind as to put me to bed? Dreams of $500 G5 …ahhh. Zzzzzz.
Not a bad deal, but I just bought a new NEC2010 internal 8x dual layer burner from Newegg for $68 new.
What I really need is a new set of wireless headphones - possibly Sennheiser 5.1’s or something with THX certification?
Or of you could get a good deal on 80-140 gig harddrives, non-refurbs, for about 65 cents per gig. My MP3 server is maxed out ![]()
[quote user=“iwilldo”]will jump if it’s brand new
:)[/quote]
refurbished
"Condition: Sony refurbished in Sony white box " :roll:
If you don’t need the sony name, you can find comparable external DVD drives for $20 - $25 cheaper.
JESUS man…all you do is ■■■■■ don’t you??? I know PLENTY of friends of mine that have externals and have a REAL NEED/DESIRE for them! You must not use your computer very often because if you did, you won’t make such a stupid ass comment like that…here let me fill you in on one use for an external writer, because you obviously lack the brain power to come up with one…
I have a friend that downloads from Bit Torrent at work…and he doesn’ really care for owning an external HD as he’d rather just burn it to DVD (as he would if he were home). So when his downloads are done, he just brings in his DVD Writer from home and burn it, then take it home…(as I would if I had one)…
You need to get off your comp and get laid or something.your too Phucken pent up…either that or take a vicodin…you take these deals WAAAAAAY to seriously
JESUS man…all you do is ■■■■■ don’t you??? I know PLENTY of friends of mine that have externals and have a REAL NEED/DESIRE for them! You must not use your computer very often because if you did, you won’t make such a stupid ass comment like that…here let me fill you in on one use for an external writer, because you obviously lack the brain power to come up with one…
I have a friend that downloads from Bit Torrent at work…and he doesn’ really care for owning an external HD as he’d rather just burn it to DVD (as he would if he were home). So when his downloads are done, he just brings in his DVD Writer from home and burn it, then take it home…(as I would if I had one)…
You need to get off your comp and get laid or something.your too Phucken pent up…either that or take a vicodin…you take these deals WAAAAAAY to seriously[/quote]
I second that.
JESUS man…all you do is ■■■■■ don’t you??? I know PLENTY of friends of mine that have externals and have a REAL NEED/DESIRE for them! You must not use your computer very often because if you did, you won’t make such a stupid ass comment like that…here let me fill you in on one use for an external writer, because you obviously lack the brain power to come up with one…
I have a friend that downloads from Bit Torrent at work…and he doesn’ really care for owning an external HD as he’d rather just burn it to DVD (as he would if he were home). So when his downloads are done, he just brings in his DVD Writer from home and burn it, then take it home…(as I would if I had one)…
You need to get off your comp and get laid or something.your too Phucken pent up…either that or take a vicodin…you take these deals WAAAAAAY to seriously[/quote]
Thanks for the anecdote asshat. That was pointless.
p.s. Bensbargains.net owns you.
edit: ok, ok, fatwallet.com and anandtech.com own you too
[quote]
p.s. Bensbargains.net owns you.[/quote]
Ben’s is pretty good, but (depending on what you’re looking for) there are a few sites that can do better. Although, most of the good ones share a lot of the same deals. I keep a page somewhere of all the one’s I’ve run across for quick access from work…wonder where I put that?
And no…woot isn’t on it. I rarely update it, and I’m NOT sharing Woot with the masses ![]()
-Thalen
(oops, I stoped lurking
)
WOOTBOT Access
[code:1:ceb64308dd]wootbot query?SonyDVD+/-/R/RW[/code:1:ceb64308dd]
Ok so I don’t write code for a living , sue me. Just wondering how to access wootbot.
Experts in the house?
Anyone know if this drive or another one exists for…both PC use and Audio/Video use. What I mean is that I would like to archive some stuff off my Tivo that is filling up and while I know I can’t go digital, I figured there is a DVD Recorder drive that I could plug in with S-video/RCA jacks or whatnot and also could bring it to my PC to use as most externals are used.
Thanks for the advice.
Great deal for the price if you don’t already have a dvd burner. Even better for nubs who go out and spend $50 on a dvd spindel and get the wrong type. :lol: But… for those of us who already have one, I suggest waiting untill the double sided ones take a plunge. Should only be another 2 years… :roll:
:o WOOT!
Well, I have only one thing to say… woot.com should start saving up iPods in the thousands-- and be prepared to sell them like what if that ever happens… I’ve been looking for a decent mp3 player… but just cant cram one in for the price range I want.
As for dvd drives-- i don’t need more than one-- but very nice if you need it for portability!
I hope somebody gets the better side of this deal because all I see is complaints from people not getting what they want. appreciate what you get offered.
Does anyone know if this drive is compatible with Macs? Specifically OS 10.3? All signs I’ve seen so far point to not likely.