Sphero Original BB-8

Sphero Original BB-8

I got one of these last time they came up. Hilarious little toy, my cat decided she had to play with it until it started playing with her

3 Likes

6 Likes

The email says this deal is for “BB-8 and a Force Band Bundle” for $39.99, and so does the title of the page, but it only lists specs and details for BB-8 only (no force band) and it says the price is $29.99. Which one is true? And don’t give me any of this “from a certain point of view” nonsense. :wink:

Regardless, at this price I don’t think I can resist getting one any longer.

Edit: what is the force band anyway?

1 Like

The band is a gyroscope band/watch that lets you control BB-8. It can go away, come closer, spin, and stop.

I would also like to know if it’s included, because it runs for $17.

Hi all. Sorry for the confusion. The sale seems to have been updated and no longer includes the Force Band. I’m trying to find ou5 more information.

PS: got confirmation that the original sale was incorrect. The band should not have been included in this offer. Again, sorry for the confusion.

2 Likes

This is a great price for this fun remote-controlled BB-8, even without a controller, it’s easy enough to use your phone and the app is fun, though remember that it’s the app that produces any sounds, the BB-8 itself has no speaker. I recently picked this up off ebay from an authorized reseller and it came in Sphero brown box packaging meant for refurb units, so I think they’re working on selling these off now that they’ve decided to stop making them and/or lost the Star Wars license.

5 Likes

I’ve been making new heads for my BB-8. BWAHAHA!

4 Likes

I got mine today but I can’t get it to connect to the app. Anyone got any pointers?

If you don’t figure it out, try contacting Sphero. They may have some ideas.

Thanks, I sent them an email yesterday. Hopefully I get a response today.

Sadly, returning for refund. BB-8 came in a certified refurbished box but was nonfunctional. I have a BB-9e (and R2-D2 and R2-Q5 as well) so know what to expect and this BB-unit definitely has a bad motivator.

1 Like

Blast. I’m sorry BB-8 was a dud.

I stashed mine but I guess I should go check it. Thanks for the warning.

I don’t ‘like’ that your BB-8 isn’t functional but I do ‘like’ your bad motivator comment. :slight_smile: