Spyder Men's Full-Zip Jacket

I wonder model name of this jacket

Woot, this is most certainly a fake. I just received mine today. I bought an authentic one off of Amazon for comparison and there are numerous small differences. The most obvious discrepancy is shown in this picture. There is simply no way that Spyder would spell the name of their town incorrectly.

This will be the last clothing purchase I make on this site.

1 Like

Yours is definitely fake. Not only is “Boulder” misspelled to “Bolder” but your logo isn’t even correct.

The blue small I ordered does appear to be genuine however (everything’s correct it it uses real YKK zipper hardware).

Ah hell. Just realized the logo font isn’t consistent on mine either.

Glove is correct. Jacket is not.

Also note that the biggest selling part for me were the “zipper hand pockets” - which mine does not have. I already had a “real” spyder fleece jacket that doesn’t have zippered hand pockets so I was really looking forward to that.

I just received my blue version today and it has the same misspelling of ‘Bolder, CO’. Wow, this is really disappointing.

@ThunderThighs - Any chance we just got a bad shipment or did you guys get hosed in the purchase? These certainly do either seem like fakes or they were serious defects in the manufacturing process. Either way it’s not good.

I emailed Spyder the day of this sale asking if these were legit, but they never answered.

I received a blue jacket and it also is a fake with the misspelled “Bolder, CO.”

They were made by Spyder for Costco, but they couldn’t sell them due to the typos. This is very similar to places like TJ Maxx that get items with imperfections.

Description says pockets are zippered… .they are not. For most this would not be a huge deal but I use this as a layer when skiing and the zippered pockets hold my insulin pump. Ie, not having the pockets zippered is a big deal. The rest is “fine”…but the lack of a zippered pocket is a deal killer for me. Returning.

1 Like

Hey friends, so we reached out to the vendor and these are authentic Spyder jackets, however, they may show slight variations from the models you might see in other retailers. We did bring up the Bo(u)lder issue and they said they will make sure that does not happen again moving forward. These did come from Costco and we’ve used this vendor for a long time and it’s usually pretty great. If you’re unhappy with your jacket, please reach out to our support team by using the Customer Service form and they’ll be happy to help

2 Likes

Spyder got back to me with this reply.

Thank you for reaching out to Spyder. We do not recommend purchasing Spyder Gear from any website other than Spyder.com. There are a lot of counterfeit dealers on the internet and we are unable to verify the validity of their products.
Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns.
Best,
C******
Spyder Customer Service

2 Likes

Yep, i bought the same jacket from Costco and clearly the fabric is much thicker and better fit overall. I knew Woot! is shady but how can you be this shady being affiliated with Amazon and then selling knock offs.