SUPERBOX Android TV Streaming Media Player

SUPERBOX Android TV Streaming Media Player

1 Like

$240 for a $40.00 box? LOL!!!

9 Likes

The sole purpose of this device is to access pirated streaming content. How did this actually make it on this site?

4 Likes

That’s not entirely true. You can install legit channels as well as Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc.

BUT…

I was going to ask the exact same thing!

2 Likes

This one is defiantly one of their top 10 weird stuff!

Sooo… I read the info on it, and I’m still not sure how this is better than my $30 Roku. Does this somehow let me watch Netflix, Prime Video, Hulu etc. without a subscription?

5 Likes

No. You would still have to have a subscription. The difference is that this will let you stream video files from your computer/server or [if you are the type] questionably legal content.

3 Likes

Yes, technically you can install any APK on any Android device, though there’s a good chance you’re going to have to do it through a sketchy third-party app store and even then it will probably be missing basic functionality like support for HD streaming. Crappy piracy boxes don’t typically have Widevine support, which is needed for HD streaming on legit streaming services like Netflix, Prime, Hulu, and Disney+.

2 Likes

It lets you steal cable, except over the internet. And only for as long as whatever company running the streams doesn’t get sued out of existence. The Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment, an organization composed of basically every major producer of movies and TV, including Woot parent Amazon, exists primarily for the purpose of shutting down the piracy services that boxes like this are designed to access. It is unfathomably stupid that this is actually available for sale on this site.

1 Like

Last time I checked every single firestick allows you to enable developer options install downloader and any moron now has everything he or she ever wanted to watch for free…this product is a joke because most people here already have a firestick lol

3 Likes

just get a 19.99 firestick

3 Likes

The Roku allows you to do the same thiing via the FREE Plex app.

3 Likes

So can Roku via Plex.

1 Like

I hear Roku can do it via the Plex app @RebelTaz.

1 Like

All computes and streaming sticks allow you to “borrow” content, not just this.

Plug for the Onn Android device since you can configure the remote to control the TV volume/input/power, and only costs $20. It also has up to date security patches.

This box won’t run Netflix at 4k, has terrible customer support (Onn doesn’t either but what do you expect for $20), no security patches (Android 9 came out 4 years ago) and horribly low memory for the $$$.

On the plus side, you get a clock and a remote with thousands of little buttons.

4 Likes

If you are going to spend 200 bucks for a Android TV solution, buy an Nvidia Shield TV Pro.

9 Likes

I came here to say the same thing about the $20 onn box at Wal-Mart. Simple enough that my 96-year-old mother can manage YouTubeTV on it (free for her as a member of my family, since I pay for it) and was able to drop cable. Runs Prime Video, AMC+, YouTubeTV, YouTube, AppleTV app, Pluto, xumo, Tubi, basically anything I want except for the Roku channel. I wish the remote didn’t have dedicated buttons for four of the services (never a good idea, IMO) but the TV control is a must. There’s a $15 onn stick at Wal-Mart, too, but I’ve heard it’s underpowered.

1 Like

$240.00 OMG, if they sell one of these they have a stupid brain dead customer. What a rip off. Come on Woot this is just freaking embarrassing!

This. The Shield Pro has a beefy CPU, will bitstream lossless audio, and can even run a Plex server with hardware transcoding. All for $40 less than this weird thing.

2 Likes

Go to WalMart and buy the Onn Android Box for $20, and it runs Android 10.

1 Like