T-Fal 17-PC Hard Anodized Cookware Set

T-Fal 17-PC Hard Anodized Cookware Set

I’ve had this set for about 4 years. I can’t comment on their durability after dishwasher use (that just weirds me out) but they’ve held up quite well and certainly a lot better than the IKEA cookware we had before we got these.

1 Like

Is the model number E765SH, as mentioned up top, or E918SH, as mentioned below?

I’m considering this, and searching online for comps, but need to be able to compare apples to apples. There are a LOT of different T-Fal variations.

Hi there. Sorry for the confusion. The title is correct: E765SH

1 Like

tip-my-hat-115969365798

1 Like

I got these not long ago, and just unpacked them last night. The pans seem solid and reasonably heavy, but the saucepans and the dutch oven are very light weight - not sure if that is good or bad - just a little unexpected. I used the dutch oven to make a small batch of chicken noodle soup yesterday, and it seemed to be fine. This is the first new set of pots & pans I’ve gotten in MANY years (picked up a few odd one-offs over time), and the last set was also T-Fal, back when they were all the rage.

I hope the set is reasonable durable, but for the price, I have my doubts.

I recently purchased this set. I like it. The non-stick seems durable and things have been easy to wash so far. Cooking seems to be even. Eggs are no problem, but I never really had an egg problem in the first place.

Two criticisms, though, and one minor niggle:

1. The largest fry pan is a little bit small for my liking. I’ve been making due, but I need to be aware of the size to avoid things working their way over the sides
  2. These pans are light. Like crazy light. If you’re not careful, it’d be very easy to stir a pot of boiling pasta/water one-handed and slide that pot right off the grille, dangerously spilling crazy hot starch water all over your tootsies. The force of stirring in most cases is greater than the friction keeping the things in place.

N) I think they could have been a little smarter about pan sizes and lid versatility. I mean, it’s not a deal breaker, but I feel like I’m wasting a little bit of space on lids and also feel like I have a few pans that could use a good hat here and there.

I don’t regret the purchase, but there are things I would look for that this set doesn’t offer if I were spending more money. At ~$100-$150, this is a great set and worth the purchase if you need a new set.

Cheers!

Can anyone confirm that this is PFOA free?

NM… Looks like it is based on Amazon details: https://www.amazon.com/T-fal-Anodized-Cookware-Thermo-Spot-Indicator/dp/B00TQJWF1I

Okay I have owned this set for a few years. If the head chef doesn’t use metal utensils on these they will last for many years. My live in chef can’t remember to hand wash or not use metal utensils. Thus they aren’t in the best shape but have held up to this point.