T8 Pro Portable Car Jump Starter

T8 Pro Portable Car Jump Starter

How well would this work if leaving in your hot car 100+ degree heat during the summer? Any chance of the battery degrading or exploding?

This is a clone of the Tack Life one, right? Weren’t they banned from Amazon recently?

1 Like

Why were they banned? There definitely seems to some odd stuff going on with the branding of this unit. There’s some mention of that in the one-star reviews from Amazon. Also, I tried to find the Amazon listing for this and had no luck at all. Sketchy. :thinking:

I picked up a Tacklife Pro 8 from the 'egg awhile back and while I haven’t needed to start my car with it I DID use it to start the generator back in November. Worked fine. And, of course, it’ll charge your phone/devices.

1 Like

I had nothing but great use out of mine until it got stolen out of the car.

I’m pretty sure they were banned for review manipulation along with a few other popular brands. I will say, though, that I do have this same Tack Life model, have used it successfully once, and opted to grab this one for the other car. Hoping it’s not a lemon!

1 Like

Based on the ASIN in the URL for the linked reviews page for this listing:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B09FJJ9SP3

(Please note: I don’t work for Woot, I just volunteer to help out here on the forums.)

2 Likes

Yes, it was supposedly review manipulation, but I think there was more to it than that? None of the big brands I know of needed to manipulate reviews? Ex., I’ve bought probably 100 total Aukey webcams for our office over the past year - not because of ratings, but because Amazon suggested the first one for $20 and everybody loved it. When Amazon booted them, I just started buying them direct. Slower shipping, but generally same price.

These jump starters are another favorite. I’ve bought a few, from Amazon, then directly from Tacklife. They just work, and they’re not overpriced if you catch a sale. I’m 99% sure this IS Tacklife, they’re just not saying it anywhere in the listing because of the Woot / Amazon affiliation?

2 Likes

Not a clone – is. The one I received from a previous purchase here is TackLife.

(Note that I am not staff. I just volunteer to help out on the forums.)

2 Likes

There is similar one at amazon much cheaper after a discount

https://www.amazon.com/Audewdirect/b/ref=bl_dp_s_web_23685166011?ie=UTF8&node=23685166011&field-lbr_brands_browse-bin=Audewdirect

I think the main thing with these, if they actually put in the right batteries and not a lower amount like an 8000mah instead of 18000 since there is no way to tell, short of trying to open it up, they are usually a bunch of lion AAs daisy chained together

“Portable car”. Redundant. Aren’t all cars portable? Isn’t that the whole point?

1 Like

The one I ordered from here a few months back was branded “Foxpeed”. In that instance, I can understand rebranding.

1 Like

I’ve always wanted to get one of these but ended up getting strictly USB + 20v DC port or USB-C type banks. Was in breckenridge this past weekend with a rental jeep and the battery died. We flagged down 20 cars before a guy in a pickup stopped, with one of these in his glovebox. Told us he had only used it once before but it worked. He hooked it up for about 10 seconds, and sure enough the Wrangler started right up.

Literally 3 days later its here on Woot, same exact one (his words, “with a compass and everything”) and I am for sure getting this

3 Likes

I had to jump my wife’s car a month ago and had to connect the negative to the engine block 3 feet away from the positive. This wouldn’t work for me.

I bought this last time. My battery has gone bad and I haven’t had a chance to replace it yet. Has worked fine starting my Forester in as low as 0 degrees F. I did have trouble with it initially. I learned you have to really push the piece with the jumper cables in very hard to make sure it’s seated properly.

1 Like

What kind of card does your wife have?

This makes no sense. You could connect the negative lead to any piece of metal in the engine compartment: they are all connected to ground.

2 Likes