Targus Mobile Docking Station with Ethernet

I just ordered one. I hope it works with Vista. I need a serial port to program my MX700 but my new Dell 530 doesn’t have one.

Edit: I just found Vista drivers on their website:

Dang! I was just looking to buy one of these a few days ago!! Thanks Woot! I should send woot my wish list.

It’s great for my laptop since I have tiny laptop, and I want to able to hook it up with larger screen, and keyboard

Any USB device will cramp your BW using the CPU. It’s a fact.

if i am right… wont connect to screens!!

This doesn’t have a vga or dvi port.

My laptop’s power supply got burned. Can this docking station be used as a power supply. My laptop is compaq. Thanks.

no. it’s really a dongle, not a docking station. :slight_smile:

this can not be used as a power supply. it plugs into your usb port and provides:

"
* (2) PS/2 ports
* (2) USB 2.0
* (1) Parallel
* (1) Serial
* (1) 10/100 base T Ethernet
"

no video. no sound. no power. no feet.

well… maybe feet.

hope this helps.

anyone know if it would work with ubuntu or knoppix without driver wrappers?

Respectfully, Cedaroo

No VGA?
No thank you Mr. w00t!

Would have gone for it had it had VGA and sound. would have bought it in a second. Without, its is ok at best. Maybe for the rare person that has a laptop that still use Serial and Parallel.

I had been checking prices on USB NICs:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2052810027+1162810710&name=USB

This is a great deal. More ports. Less money. Perfect timing. I’m in. Thanks woot!

Score! Just what I was looking for, and about $60 less than it was at BestBuy.

Yes, I know BB is a ripoff, but it is the only point of reference I have for this item.

First sellout … yippie!

WHAT?!?! No one’s asked if it works on a Mac?

I wonder how this would perform on USB 1.1 I need a Ethernet jack, and mouse and key board would be cool… but the Dock for my Tablet is only 24.99… I duunno… I’m torn!
I’m so cheap!
~Captain

Will this allow me to network printers? In other words, will I be able to connect this to a router to make all the printers connected to it available to all my network’s users?

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm… perhaps a the ability to understand the description?

Of course it will work. Nothing you plug into it will though.

Any knows the model number for this device?

No. If your printer can’t speak and understand network protocols, this won’t teach it.

If your printer could speak/understand network protocols, it would have come with a network connector.

There may be a hardware hack (sometimes network-aware printers are essentially identical, inside to their less aware brethren), but I wouldn’t expect it to be all laid out for my specific printer model, or to do it with no background – but check and see, if you like. If you find that someone has published instructions that you think you’d be comfortable following, then consider it.

But remember: a failed attempt can trash your printer.

I Bought 2. One for my desktop at work, It did not have a Printer port that I need. I guess they think everyone will use USB printers from now on.

Then one for my laptop. I hope the NIC will work with USB 1.1 for the rare times I am not using wireless.

If it does not work for what I need. I wonder if it would sell on Ebay?

In for 2. Just like one of the previos posters was saying…Woot is creepy sometimes, and I think they have a link into my brain. I was just looking at these at BB at OfficeMax over the weekend, and I decided to wait, and Whammo!!! - here they are on W00t!!! I would prefer they had VGA, but at this price, I will plug the frickin’ screen into my laptop, so not I will only have 2 things to plug in at work and home instead of 6 or 7!!! Excellent!!!