Tee Shirt Shrinkage

I would like to see a statement on shirt shrinkage after washing. I made the mistake of washing and drying some of your tee shirts. They shrunk to an unwearable size after drying at low heat in the dryer. I don’t know if others experienced this also but some words of wisdom on your part would help in the description section, especially when they are 100% cotton. Selling pre-shrunk shirts would be even better.

1 Like

Nope, drying 100% cotton T-shirts in the dryer is not a good idea. But you know that now.

2 Likes

As a Wooter who was selected for all two of the three blank transitions here on shirt.woot:

• What size and style did you purchase?
  • Are the measurements significantly off from the sizing chart? There are differences between the two options here.

As least for men’s shirts, I have found both the standard Port and Company and fitted Canvas blanks to be quite tolerant to shrinkage. We’re talking less than an inch in length between spec and hot wash/high dry.

1 Like

Inches can mean something sometimes Narf! :frowning_face:

1 Like

Especially when you’re talking shrinkage.

2 Likes

5 Likes

The men’s classic port & co are holding up pretty well in my dryer. I usually line dry, but sometimes I’m lazy or there was a lint incident. I’m not sure if it matters, but I wash cold and dry medium.

1 Like

A lint incident. Sounds ominous. I Googled it and found this scandalous gif of Drake lint rolling his pants during a basketball game.

https://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/drake-uses-lint-roller-during-toronto-brooklyn-game1.gif

Anyway, for what it’s worth, I always wash in cold water and then just pop them in the dryer. Shrinkage has just be minimal, as I expect from any clothing of this type.

1 Like

Yeah sometimes I miss a towel. Now if it’s an old towel there are no problems. But if it’s a new towel… lint incident.

I dissolved an old bathroom rug once. Luckily it was by itself.

3 Likes

#7. Shrunk your T-shirt again? Add the T-shirt to a mixture of water and hair conditioner, stretch, then dry!

image http://cdn.lifebuzz.com/images/100566/lifebuzz-75bc463fb58bf7583235983b97dc9592-original.gif

3 Likes

sounds more like a cat hair incident

1 Like

catshirtswoot

2 Likes

Can’t say that I’ve ever noticed any shrinkage in my shirt.woot tees. I have expanded though. I do get 2X due to the sizing where I’d usually wear XL (L fits but is tight in the pits) because I like them loose.