That Doesn't Make You Right

Something weird is going on with this shirt and a couple others, which have suddenly jumped 20+ votes this morning.

They put a promo tile in the featured sale to direct traffic to the derby (they usually do that on Mondays). That tends to shake things up and draw voters. While there can be gaming going on, it more likely a result of that promotion.

1 Like

I seriously doubt it. No offense to Aerrow, but this design doesn’t pop out and say “hey, the vote total this needs to double this morning, while all but a couple other designs stay static.” I’m not even suggesting that Aerrow is doing it. Probably not, in fact, I’m guessing.

Point taken. Tattle if you feel it should be looked at.

Done. But I think we all realize that the Tattle button is like the Close Door button on most elevators.

It does nothing.

So I’m taking screenshots with timestamps to email.

Interesting that the vote gaming stopped as soon as it was commented on and pointed out, only to start back up again hours later right after close of business on the west coast.

And now it’s picked up again with this design and with this one: Shirt.Woot

From looking at the voting, I’m guessing they’re trying to blackball a design or an an artist, so they’re voting up all the designs except for that one until it falls out of the fog. So, you’ll know who this buttwipe is trying to screw over, because it will be the first design to fall out of the fog, and then they’ll quit. And whoever that artist is, I’d be b*tching to Woot, because it’s pretty obvious what this buttmunch is trying to do by gaming the system.

I’m not sure I understand what you’re saying. That there’s a malicious someone trumping up votes for several designs? To what end? The votes are so high – 10th place is going to crack 100 soon. Imagine what first place must have. You think these are all fake votes? Honestly, I’m not tracking with your explanation at the moment. But that’s probably just me being slow this morning.

If someone has a bunch of votes they can either help their own design, or if they have someone they dislike, they can purposely screw them over (or both). To screw another artist over, the guy just has to upvote every design in the fog except the one(s) he’s trying to screw. The only way he can be sure he’s successful it to have a design or two outside the fog to “push” the targeted design(s) out of the fog. This follows the exact pattern this one has - especially since you would otherwise have to believe that there was a difference of 40+ votes between 9th and 10th places yesterday morning.

If someone is trying to game the system, you will see one of the designs in place 10-15 suddenly gain enough votes today to push it into the fog. I’d put my money on this one: Shirt.Woot since it suddenly jumped last night.

But then… Wouldn’t it be obvious, by that logic, which one(s) the person or people want(s) to win?

Isn’t the first rule of framing somebody that you also have to target yourself so as to blend in?

OK, I got it. Thanks.
While anything is possible, I find it unlikely krittikae is to blame here. She’s won several derbies with a “sarcasm” theme and voters tend surge that way when she offers them. Again, I think you’re seeing the bump from the promo and assigning at least a portion of that to foul play. Voters tend to put their attention towards the fog and maybe the first row, which make the others feel static.

Everything is worth looking at though, even if this particular design is not at fault (IMO).

1 Like

I totally agree that it is unlikely that it is krittikae. It just happened that her design was in the right place for such a thing to work, just as it was unlikely that it was Aerrow who was running up his or her design.

If the goal is not to get a certain design to win, but simply to make sure that an artist/design does not win, then there’s no need to worry about blending in. Chances are, your own design isn’t in the fog and you’re just acting out of sour grapes.

So you don’t think anyone is actually doing this, but you think someone may? :confused:

Oh no, I’m 99% sure someone was doing it yesterday with this design, but when the design was withdrawn from the fog (didn’t catch which one it was - I wasn’t really paying attention to the fog, since its vote totals are unknown) it messed them up, so they will need another design in order to game the system this way. Granted, they’ve probably already given 50+ votes to all of the designs besides the one they were trying to screw over. I won’t know which one that was until it either drops to 10th place, or the fog is revealed next Monday. However, having the votes on this particular design jump 50+ votes in less than a day, while most of the other designs remained fairly static, especially with the anemic vote totals in recent history? There was gaming going on, and it was not for the purpose of making this design win the derby.