Thermacell Patio Shield Mosquito Repellent

Thermacell Patio Shield Mosquito Repellent

I’ve used these since they came out. I have a couple of the “hang on your hip” devices that I will set out if the bugs are bad around the patio. I’ve also used them for camping. They are simple design, easy to use and need no batteries. I’ve found you can burn 3 wafers per canister and if you pads turn a pale blue, you have left them in too long. I got their table lamp last year and now I see this. They just keep coming up with ways to keep pushing the concept and it’s a good thing. This little device doesn’t look “unsightly” on your table. They also have the more pleasant smelly disc’s too.

this doesnt really work, used it all summer and it was pretty useless. plus you will be buying refils of their tiny propane tanks and wafers very frequently. save your $$$

You’re absolutely right. My wife is very susceptible to swelling from bites and has to be very careful with mosquito. I bought the Thermacell deep woods version and all I can say is this thing is absolute garbage. Besides the fact that it’s putting poison in the air it simply doesn’t work. We ran two while fishing and camping for 2 years since we bought all the refills already. We’d put them under our chairs. We got bit up every single time. I eventually gave up and stopped buying refills.

Use deet, it’s proven to be the only effective method of preventing bites. Mosquito will not bite or land on deet. Reapply every 4 hours and you’ll be bite free. No one likes using poison, but this stuff is poison too.

Youtube scientific lab testing of mosquito repellents. The expert community and universities that study this stuff openly admit that deet while harmful is the only effective method at preventing 100% of bites.

Wow… Thermacell… I didn’t know this was still a thing. I used to have a Thermacell powered soldering iron twenty years ago or so. I need to see if I can dig that out if the cells are still available for it.