TicWatch Pro 3 Ultra GPS Smartwatch

TicWatch Pro 3 Ultra GPS Smartwatch

3 Likes

This is heavily discounted Probably because it’s not going to get wear os 3. But I actually think this is an amazing deal. When fossil upgraded to wear OS 3.0, using the same 4100 Snapdragon processor, it lost access to Google Assistant and wear OS watch.

Meanwhile because of the dual screen technology this thing can get 4 days of battery life pretty easily compared to the one day you’ll get with pixel, Apple or Samsung watches. Even more if you use essential mode at night when you’re sleeping, which will still track your sleep.

3 Likes

Well if you believe Ticwatch CS, the Pro 3 Ultra is slated to get WearOS 3 in Q3 2023.

Then again, the rumour mill had the Pro 3 GPS slated to get it in 2022.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

3 Likes

TIL how to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

3 Likes

Wow, I just assumed it was never coming given the lack of communication from movboi. Personally I would rather have access to Google Assistant than the new version of wear 3.0. Having access to Native assistant on one of the Tactical buttons is one of them main reasons I have a watch in the first place.

I better turn off automatic updates

2 Likes

If it’s even possible, I’ve noticed most modern Electronics like to force updates on you no matter how much you want to put them off

2 Likes

Oddly the statement from movboi says the pro version non-ultra won’t get the update. That’s bizarre I figured it would be all of them or none of them.

It’s funny everyone else is raising hell trying to get these updates and I’m seemingly the only person that doesn’t want it!

So if somebody prioritizes Google Assistant you would probably want to look for the non-ultra version. I think they’re basically identical except for the colored essential mode and a few other minor things.

2 Likes

So the Pro 3 GPS which I have in my drawer, according to their statement, WON’T get the update?

I may as well sell it now.

(Shame that I can’t get the best parts of the Pixel Watch and the Pro 3 GPS into one unit. :laughing:)

1 Like

Mobvoi released a statement regarding the delay.