Toshiba Excite 10 Tablet (16GB)

How does this compare to the Thrive?

ok (3.5 out of 5.0) reviews over at amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Toshiba-Excite-AT305T16-10-1-Inch-Computer/dp/B007OWZRC8

Incredibly long video review
[youtube=24C74K9vyzc][/youtube]

“Powered by the Android 4.0 Honeycomb operating system, which was designed specifically for tablets.” Android 4.0 is Ice Cream Sandwich, Honeycomb is 3.0. Which is it?

[MOD: Confirmed it is Android 4.0 ICS]

I am one of the last people to compare a tablet to a laptop but after demoing this thing, I realized just how capable it was of handling everything an average person would want to do with it and some. Very impressive performance, responsive, with all the bells and whistles you’d want from a tablet.

Wait, my other tablet IS a stone. Are you saying that’s a bad thing?

Amazon says ICS (4.0)

EDIT: Quality post? When have I EVER provided a constructive post?

That’s because Tegra 4 came out today. =)

Well… A Google search for “Toshiba Excite 10 jelly bean” seems to indicate (from multiple sources) that a 4.1 update is available.

Saw this on Toshiba’s website today for $300 after coupon code new for Excite SE with Android 4.1

wfg280

[MOD: Excite <> Excite SE]

It’s a shame that there’s no HDMI and no docking options to give you an HDMI output.

[MOD: It has microHDMI]

???
It has a micro HDMI port.

Oh yeah, look at that. My mistake. I merged micro HDMI with micro USB when I read it.

Called and confirmed it is Android 4.0 ICS.

That feature will be updated in a few minutes. Thanks for pointing out the err of our ways.

Don’t beg. It’s not pretty.

:tongue:

But thanks for helping.

The Excite has a lot of features that the Excite SE does not.

It’s not rootable like the Thrive.

Thanks guys. I just talked myself out of getting a Nexus 7 because I didn’t think I would use it… and now look what we have here.

What is the difference between this one and the one on Ben’s outlet for $259?

http://bensoutlet.com/products/toshiba-excite