Vegtrug DIY Medium Cedar Barrel

Vegtrug DIY Medium Cedar Barrel

2 Likes

FYI … ICYMI, this is a kit. Haven’t assembled mine yet so can’t describe the experience. But the band holding all the staves together is a long, narrow zip tie. Cedar components all seem okay.

9 Likes

Nice hair.

11 Likes

Yeah, that one DIY in the title and no mention in the description really isn’t a great indicator that this is a kit.

First assembly attempt failed. Seems like it really depends on how well the slats fit together. A couple of mine don’t. Going to give it another shot, but this may be marked as a failure and going back.

2 Likes

There’s a video. I’ll try to assemble mine later if I get home in time.

3 Likes

Ok. I hated it. Here’s what I learned.

Clip the intact tabs from the circle and replace it with a sma ll piece of tape you can cut later on each side to keep the gap. Pulling them off mid build causes a collapse.

Put it together on a towel so you can spin the whole project around.

Charge your drill. I forgot. I’ll finish the screws later.

You’ll have to bear hug it, so wear a shirt you can brush the splinters off. Oh and yes, it sheds a bit.

I’m not unhappy with the finished product, but assembly was crap.

3 Likes

Great to have this assembly video❤️

2 Likes

Bought 2 of these and WOW had the hardest time putting it together. My husband finally felt bad and decided to give me a hand instead of laughing at me. Not the easiest to do give yourself at least 30 minutes to put together.

2 Likes