Vina Robles 2006 Roseum Rose' Quartet

Vina Robles 2006 Roseum Rosé Quartet
$39.99 + $7.00 shipping
condition: Rosé
product(s): 4 Vina Robles 2006 Roseum Paso Robles, California

Okay. The Charlie Hussle’ I get. The “New Year’s” I don’t get. The “…Monday’s” I don’t get.

(…and my “Red, White, and Brut” was MUCH better than "Rose, White & Blue…) :slight_smile:

I’ve had great luck with syrah/grenache-based roses lately. Just delicious.

The only hard sell for me is whether I want 8 bottles of the exact same wine or just 4…

Found one review to start with:
“Summer is Rosé season and this wine from Vina Robles is a Very Good option. This wine has a very fresh and aromatic bouquet. On the palate, the wine is bone dry, but has fresh flavors. This tasty and fun wine will serve you well by the pool on those hot summer days. The finish is dry. Enjoy – Ken”

Also, it’s $13/bottle on their website, less shipping:

https://www.cleverconcepts.net/vinarobles.com/order.html

$7 shipping?

Heeee! My cellar’s going to be really pink this summer! Especially after finding that pink pino gris. Rosé makes great marinade for hamburgers, BTW.

First sucker: iByron
Speed to first woot: 0h 0m 12.093s

Visit the Vina Robles website for more info.

The Roseum has a PDF Factsheet.

iByron
(still scratching my head over the New Year’s/Aug 13/Monday thing, too)

First sucker: iByron
Speed to first woot: 0h 0m 12.093s

Last wooter to woot: vaaccess

That’s what I get for the hesitation. I figured a Rose would be up…But…Wasn’t expecting the quartet, though that does allow me the option of only buying once since I’m not big into wines like this.

That being said…I’m a huge fan of Grenache so it’ll be interesting to see how it plays out in a Rose. Plus, now my wine cellar will have some bright color added to it.

Reading the little Wierd Al diddy now…

With a melon-kiwi flair,
And abundant strawberr’,
Grapefruit through the night
With three more bottles to spare

That’s just too good.

<golf_clap>

Yes, $7 shipping. It’s worth it.

Well, I think my time was better spent painting the door than hitting F5. : )

I’ll have to think about this one. I might need a little sell before I pull the trigger.

I’m clueless on the rosé scene. The only thing I’ve drank in this color are fruit punch and (cheap) White Z (which is blush). Of the two, I prefer the fruit punch - white z puts my mouth in a diabetic coma. Anyone care to enlighten me? Are they all sweet? What to expect from a rosé in general? Thanks!

Just opened the Jepson Rose (2 bottles) at a backyard party, yesterday.
Not one person finished a glass. Syrupy sweet was the chief complaint. One shuddered and said this was wine like her parents used to drink!

No more roses for a while for me.

This sounds like a good one. Some snobs will think this is glorified white zin, but its far from it.

Just for comparison… no RS data here, but “off-dry” speaks of something a bit um, not dry.

Jepson 2005 Screaming Rosé
Harvest date: October 6, 2005
Variety: 100% Grenache
Appellation: 100% Mendocino, Estate Bottled
Alcohol: 14.5%
pH: 3.3
T.A.: .7
Production: 250 cases
TASTING NOTES AND FOOD PAIRING: Soft, off-dry tones are palate pleasing from the first sip. Remarkable both in color and character with notes of wild strawberry and soft raspberry. Festive wine makes a nice addition to your table with smoked chicken, salmon burgers and other lightly grilled fair.

Versus the Vina Robles…

Cases Produced: 2911 cases
Alcohol: 13.5%
pH: 3.60
Total Acidity: 6.50 g/l
Residual Sugar: 0.58 g/l

Vina Robles was offered on those woot dates, too. Such a sneaky Wine David we have, haven’t we? :slight_smile:

Agreed. Vina Robles is becoming one of my steady favorites. And Rose’ does not get a fair shake. Though I think I’ll have a few days to decide whether I want 4, 8 or 12. (ok, probably not 12. But 4 or 8 are my options).

Four Across??? Pretty sneaky Sis (or WD)!!!

bingo. WD

Ok – question for the wine makers (or anyone else really) – Just what makes a rose, a rose? I know grenache and syrah are both red varietals, so how does the blend end up pink?

I dont even have to think twice: its rose, its summer, the price is right AND it will ship to Indiana. No pondering, no questioning, just buying and later imbibing. Thanks, WD!