Vino's Party Napkins

Please lord, let me get 4 boxes of “Oh Pool Boy, I’ll Have Another” One box will never get me through the summer. And they go perfectly with my glass

First I would like to thank the members of this forum for educating me on mid seventies punk bands. I guess some events are easier to remember when you learn about them in school than when you live through them.

I had the Sunce sangiovese from the last offering, It was a little disjointed on first opening bright fruit to start and strong tannins on the finish with a hollow middle. After about an hour it rounded out nicely but was bigger wine than I was expecting. I think a year or two in the cellar will vastly improve it.

I had the Davis Family Pinot Noir on Easter. This wine was fantastic from the start. Lots of chocolate and licorice notes along with the typical berries throughout and a solid backbone of tannin. I am sure this wine can age at least 5 years or longer but why bother it is so good now.

$15 for 200 napkins? really?

Yeah, I’m pretty sure I shoved that many in my pockets for free when I was at the National Press Club a while ago.

I opened two woot wines for our Easter dinner. First up was a bottle of 2004 Chase Hayne Vineyard Zinfandel, it went very well with the lamb dinner my Mom prepared.

Then later in the evening for desert we had a homemade apple pie, and for that I uncorked a bottle of Scott Harvey’s Gazzi Chard. It paired very well with apple pie.

opened both the Gazzi pinot and chard. I did NOT care for the chard much. it was buttery, sweet, and a bit astringent. However, wife and I enhjoyed the pinot very much, though both agreed it was more zinfandelsih than pinotish, if that makes sense.

Since the Ty only arrived within the last two weeks, could you attribute the imbalance possibly to bottle shock? How would you access the rest of the wine’s attributes?

I recently purchased a Ty Merlot from another website. There were some opinions, at first blush, of it not being too good or possibly too young. I let mine sit a month before opening and found it to be very drinkable.

Weird. I’ve had some butter bomb Chards before, but I wasn’t getting much if any butter from the Gazzi Chard, although my Mom said she could taste butter a bit. I got more pear and light citrus from it, with a hint of oak.

Was that the 2007 Gazzi Pinot you tried? There’s a big difference between the 2006 (100% Pinot) and the 2007 Pinot with a 15% Syrah blend.

does the “oh pool boy, i’ll have another” one remind anyone else of dixie wetsworth from cabana chat on madtv?

DANCE POOL BOY DANCE!

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljo9r92Hc71qa5z1ro1_400.jpg

Most disappointed that the napkin makers never made a wine.woot appearance.

The napkin makers would probably be boring, I want to here from the writers.

I am blown away that 350 people purchased this!