Vornado Whole Room Heater

I wonder if we’ll have a second home.woot today, like happened on regular woot a week or so ago…

loved mine I WOOT!ed 2 months ago - was using it at 2AM feeding a newborn when I ordered a second last night…I also have a Dyson Hot which I bought last black monday for 5* the price of this (still half off regular price). This Vornado might not look as slick but it heats the room more effectively.

I have had two of thses heater and they both died after about three months…I don’t reccomend them.

[QUOTE=SilentLegend, post:17, topic:370377]
How are these price-wise compared to older integrated heat systems?
[/quote]

Pardon me, but what are " older integrated heat systems?"

bought one last time. does a good job. was going to buy another, but the darn things are sold out. come on man!

love my vornado that I got when it was first on Woot. I keep the house at 60° and this does the rest. Bills are much lower than they could be.

I’m sad that this ran out. Saw it last night, figured I’d check back later when there were more comments/reviews

WOOHOO
two items in the same day and it’s not even a woot-off… is this the wave of the future???
(but still bummed I missed out on the Vornado… That’s what I get for working at night in an ER!)

I appreciate your reply very much. I missed this one, but at least I have a general idea how much to expect when I do buy one. Thanks

[QUOTE=gak0090, post:35, topic:370377]
Based on the example below, if you were running the heater at high 1500 watts for 10 hours a day, and if electricity cost 7.57 cents per kilowatt hour (I don’t know what you cost of electricity is), you are looking at about $1.14/day in electricity. If you are running it on low, it would probably consume somewhere between 750-1000 watts, so my guess would be $0.57-$0.76 per day, +/- a few cents if the operation of the fan is not included in the wattage rating.

http://www.conservingelectricity.com/ElectricSpaceHeaters.asp
Know operating costs

So, how much will an electric space heater cost to operate? You can use the following formula to calculate how much it will cost to operate a 1,500-watt space heater (or any other electric equipment):

Watts x hours of use ÷ 1,000 x cost per kilowatt-hour = cost of operation

This means that if a 1,500-watt heater ran 24-hours at a rate of 7.57 cents a kilowatt-hour, the cost would be $2.73 a day (1,500 x 24 ÷ 1,000 x $0.0757). For a month that would amount to $81.76 added to the electric bill of the average customer.
[/quote]

Well so far these (I bought 2) are a disappointment. Right out of the box I had to partially disassemble both units and secure the control housings.(Mentioned in a previous post also) They seem well made but whoever does the assembly has a major quality control problem. Have had them only a few hours and not being thrilled with them is not likely to change. The heat emitted is anemic actually no more than warm. and a few feet away (3)actually feels cool. They tout that the element is “non-glowing” as a safety feature so you only get as much heat as a coil can generate before it starts to glow. Not sure what that temp is but it’s in the warm only range. I bought these to replace my $14.00 Feature Comforts from Lowes, not sure where I’ll use them now. I can see that they won’t take a chill off a room with any speed and would probably have to be left on all night just to maintain a comfortable temperature if they can ever reach it. More to follow as the weather gets colder.

Just got mine and have one running. Is it supposed to stink like that? I’m going to try them both out tonight to see if they outperform my cheapie walmart heater. =)

[QUOTE=featherz, post:51, topic:370377]
Just got mine and have one running. Is it supposed to stink like that? I’m going to try them both out tonight to see if they outperform my cheapie walmart heater. =)
[/quote]

That’s a good question. You may want to contact the manufacturer.

If that brings you no joy, support@woot.com may be able to get to the bottom of this foul scented mystery.

Best of luck!

For future reference to someone looking back at this thread, my first one of these has died already. Wrote to Vornado and we’ll see what they can do. I won’t be buying another!