Weird food

As I sat here munching on Fresh Bread and Herring - It came to me that some folks would be gagging at the wonderful taste of Pickled Herring, and a few other recipies I make.

So I thought - why not post a “weird food” thread to find more recipies?

I’ll start with 2

First up? Cold Beet soup.

Take a few cooked beets, Peel, and then slice them to the size of half a McDonalds French Fry. - get about two cups after processing.

Add a peeled and diced Cucumber.

Add 5-10 radishes sliced into quarter slized thickness.

Take a bunch of green onions - like you buy in the store, and chop the green part up into shavings.

Add two tablespoons of shredded fresh dill.

If you’re a salt a holic, add a quarter teaspoon of salt - back it off if you don’t enjoy salt licks.

Add a quarter teaspoon of vinigar, and then follow with a half gallon of buttermilk - The fresher the better.

Stir and place in the fridge for 5 hours.

Stir again and serve. It’ll look like peptol Bismol with chunks.

Herring.

Buy the salted Herring - It comes in tubs. Rince and soak the salted herring over two days - meaning, every six hours swap the water, and get the salt out of the salted herring.

Next - clean the herring - get the gut sack out, and slice into 2 inch chunks.

Add a few onions - 2 fish to one onion ratio is what I follow. Add some pepper corns. 3 to 5 per fish.

Then make a brine of three cups water to every half cup of vinegar. Adjust taste accordingly since I love vinegar.

Make sure the fish and onions are covered and place in fridge. If you’re an absolute wimp - add some sugar to taste.

Wimp.

Enjoy the raw salted pickled fish after two days of brine. I suggest french bread, and a chaser of cheese (blue cheese style) to follow.

That actually sounds pretty good …

My favorite sandwhich -

Rye bread. Smother one side with peanut butter. Smother the other slice with chocolate spread. Slice a banana and sandwhich it in between. Grill the whole thing.

There’s never a bad time for what I call The Foof PeaChocanana

[quote user=“dreamaster”]As I sat here munching on Fresh Bread and Herring - It came to me that some folks would be gagging at the wonderful taste of Pickled Herring, and a few other recipies I make.

So I thought - why not post a “weird food” thread to find more recipies?

I’ll start with 2

First up? Cold Beet soup.

Take a few cooked beets, Peel, and then slice them to the size of half a McDonalds French Fry. - get about two cups after processing.

Add a peeled and diced Cucumber.

Add 5-10 radishes sliced into quarter slized thickness.

Take a bunch of green onions - like you buy in the store, and chop the green part up into shavings

Add two tablespoons of shredded fresh dill.

If you’re a salt a holic, add a quarter teaspoon of salt - back it off if you don’t enjoy salt licks.

Add a quarter teaspoon of vinigar, and then follow with a half gallon of buttermilk - The fresher the better.

Stir and place in the fridge for 5 hours.

Stir again and serve. It’ll look like peptol Bismol with chunks.

Herring.

Buy the salted Herring - It comes in tubs. Rince and soak the salted herring over two days - meaning, every six hours swap the water, and get the salt out of the salted herring.

Next - clean the herring - get the gut sack out, and slice into 2 inch chunks.

Add a few onions - 2 fish to one onion ratio is what I follow. Add some pepper corns. 3 to 5 per fish.

Then make a brine of three cups water to every half cup of vinegar. Adjust taste accordingly since I love vinegar.

Make sure the fish and onions are covered and place in fridge. If you’re an absolute wimp - add some sugar to taste.

Wimp.

Enjoy the raw salted pickled fish after two days of brine. I suggest french bread, and a chaser of cheese (blue cheese style) to follow.[/quote]

Sounds great, but too much work. I just buy my pickled herring from the store.

popcorn and sugarbabies…instant caramel corn

Limburger cheese on crackers for lunch.

haha, I use that to pill my dogs. minus the crackers.

popcorn and m & m s. really good.

[quote user=“Josephus”]

popcorn and m & m s. really good. [/quote]

I’ll try it w/ peanut m&ms

[quote user=“gimmaroon”]

I’ll try it w/ peanut m&ms[/quote]

good, but somehow, the plain m&m s seem to work really well.

they’re nice in marshmallow popcorn balls too (no calories in those! they’re made out of popcorn!)

That actually sounds pretty good …

My favorite sandwhich -

Rye bread. Smother one side with peanut butter. Smother the other slice with chocolate spread. Slice a banana and sandwhich it in between. Grill the whole thing.

There’s never a bad time for what I call The Foof PeaChocanana

Sounds great, but too much work. I just buy my pickled herring from the store.

popcorn and sugarbabies…instant caramel corn

Limburger cheese on crackers for lunch.

haha, I use that to pill my dogs.

http://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoticons4u/happy/045.gif

minus the crackers.

popcorn and m & m s. really good.

I’ll try it w/ peanut m&ms

good, but somehow, the plain m&m s seem to work really well.

they’re nice in marshmallow popcorn balls too (no calories in those! they’re made out of popcorn!)

I don’t know what kind of popcorn you’re eating cause mine definitely has calories, and so do my marshmallows! Wait a second, has my pantry been trying to get me fat with the calorie- filled products. Hmm, I knew I never should have moved into the house with the computer control that sounds like Pierce Brosnan. (Simpsons reference if anyone gets it)

cinnamon raisin bagel with pizza sauce and mozzerella

fried chicken and chocolate syrup with chili powder