WELCOME TO THE NEW FORUMS - Tell us what you think!!!!!

I wish the “Back to Sales” button was still somewhere to jump back to woot main.

Say what? Could you explain that again pls?

Yesterday, there was a yellow button beside the “Woot!” at the top of the page that said “Back to Deals” that linked back to woot.com. I no longer have it on here or mobile. It was useful, although took some getting used to.

Just off the top, I came back to Woot just a little while ago after the new forum system was in place. This is the first time I’ve seen this new system/format. However, all the previous comments on any of the items I was interested in from earlier today have vanished. I would hope that Woot would have transcribed the old comments from today’s items into the new forums so we could have picked up where we left off. Having all prior comments vanish - not cool.

1 Like

if I click on the green circle with the ! I go back to the main page and next to Woot! I still see the yellow button saying back to deals…

@jon651 All the comments will be here in a few days. we’ve got 14+ years of data to move over so it’s going to take a bit. Be patient. we don’t want to lose it any more than you do.

It’s there if you scroll to the top of the page. It’s not a global header that’s there all the time.

Hey TT, also I see that the button on an item page that says “Discuss This Deal” no longer has a badge that indicates how many posts are on the thread. Is that something else that is coming back as well?

1 Like

Yes indeed. Those will be coming as well.

We were excited to get this out to the real world. There’s some backend stuff to do now the old forums are turned off. :slight_smile:

Not any more for me, on mobile or web when I’m logged in. I know where it used to show up, I tested it out quite a bit. It seems as if it shows up when I’m not logged in though, so maybe it’s something permissions based that changes the view.

Cool. I will wait to see how things end up after some time has passed. Good luck!

1 Like

Turns out, it’s related to the theme selection in the profile settings.

1 Like

@ThunderThighs

That pesky approval thing still pops up for me. :angry:

Maybe you’re posting too fast? LOL I’ll see what I can find. We made some adjustments to that right before we launched.

Whew.

forum
9 Likes

3 Likes

I hope that is true. I just got word thru the grapevine about this happening. I would have liked to have been notified that this was happening, so I could sift through my emails and copy the ones that have info I might need.

3 Likes

That the old stuff is coming over? It is. We don’t want to lose our history.

I think it’s real neat how I can still post even with the mandatory tutorial covering my screen!

6 Likes