WEN 56203i 2000-Watt Inverter Generator

WEN 56203i 2000-Watt Inverter Generator

Can the 2000 portable generator run a home refrigerator

Depends on the exact fridge, but probably not. Electric motors have a high startup requirement, and this chart

(Text search the page for " APPLIANCE POWER REQUIREMENTS")
says a generic fridge needs 2100 watts to start, although another one claims 1200. Once the motor is started it would be fine, but it takes 3x as much to get it going. If you can look at the motor, it should tell you the startup wattage on a label.

Yes, I ran 2 this past year. each used about 660 watts. Check your frig’s amps. multiply by your volts, which is generally 120 = amount of watts you will need. example: ( 6amps x 120 volts = 720 watts.) I’ve got an older WEN 2000 watt and it was plenty for 2 refrigerators. We also did 1 refrigerator, TV, Roku, a few lights and charged our devices.

1 Like

For $10 more you can get this, and I can tell you from personal experience this is just as good as a Honda, will run anything you want and is quiet. Plus you can always find 20% off coupons.

2 Likes

It should run a modern refrigerator with ease, my neighbors have a similar unit that ran two at once in addition to lights. This generator also easily runs a 5000 BTU AC window unit or a 1500 watt heater, check for videos.

On the whole, ‘check your fridge’s power needs’. I don’t think it will damage any to fail to start from having insufficient wattage available, but I wouldn’t want to risk without looking.

That one’s not an inverter generator. The HF equivalent would be the Predator 2000 Inverter

If all you care about is sensitive electronics, true. But you could run this directly into your breaker panel, just don’t forget to shut off the main so it doesn’t back feed onto the power grid. Just plug your electronics into a quality surge protector, which you should be doing anyway.