What is the WORST movie you've seen in the past year?

How can you classify ANY of them as “the worst” when they are all literally the worst? We jsut watched “the Beekeeper” tonight and even Jason Statham (who both Elevyn and I really like) could not save that checklist trainwreck.

I’ll stick with my library of pre-2k LaserDiscs, SelectaVisions, VHSs and DVDs. Hell, even my BetaMax movies are better than the crap they put out today.

11 Likes

Moonfall

Car Jump GIF by Moonfall

10 Likes

Flash is a contender…

8 Likes

After my really looong COVID, I’m still avoiding crowded spaces. Reading reviews, nothing enticed me enough to break my “fast”. Anything on streaming, so far, looked boring or stupid. And so, I am rerunning my (sizable) home collection, most of it from the 50-ties through the aughts decade production. Not much after 2010. The worst? Monty Python’s “The Meaning of Life”. Sorry, although a great farse, the very disgusting end ruined it for me; just can’t stomach it. :nauseated_face:

6 Likes

Black And White Movie GIF

6 Likes

Indiana Jones GIF by BuzzFeed

6 Likes

Poor things…

7 Likes

You poor soul. How’s your recovery going?

4 Likes

Hollywood reacted to covid by killing the quality of all the movies they put out. Immediately, they marched out an endless parade of the worst acted, worst written bombs that give the impression that they’re made over a weekend and the actors only had one take to nail their horrible lines. Like so many made for TV movies from the '80s.
To be fair there has been a handful of pre-covid like movies over the past 18 months, but it’s a target rich environment for worst movie candidates these days.

8 Likes

7 Likes

Ghostbusters: Answer the Call (2016). I had heard it was bad but thought I’d give it a try. Mistake.

8 Likes

Poor Things.
I’m still mad I wasted time watching it.

4 Likes

As of late, I really only rewatch movies I know I like.

I mean I still go see movies, it’s just really rare. I think the last theater trip was to see Wonka, which wasn’t fantastic but it wasn’t terrible. Before that, Super Mario Bros which was fantastic. I reckon the next theater trip will be Deadpool and Wolverine.

But the rest? I wait til they hit streamers, and if they look like they don’t interest me I don’t even bother.

The last weird one I’ll say is Napoleon. It’s not the worst movie I’ve seen, but the way that movie flowed—I mean there was no flow, it was just kind of jumpy, and I definitely didn’t think “well that’s the best movie this year” like the hype made it seem.

5 Likes

Even worse than Madame Web

4 Likes

Obviously some of you didnt understand the assignment. 1. Movie, and 2. In the past year.

Argylle GIF by Regal

8 Likes

I have not watched a single movie in years! Growing old ain’t for sissies!

6 Likes

The new movies suck these days.

7 Likes

The Men who stare at goats I don’t know what I was expecting but that’s not what that movie was

5 Likes

8 Likes

The movie ‘Men’ is so bizarre. Don’t get me wrong. I love bizarre at times, but this one just does not make sense nor does the ending. I get that she’s being tormented by her husband’s or soon-to-be ex-husband’s death. Everything else is just for shock factor I think.

4 Likes